New type of regulator designed for e-cig users

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sullivan5

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I have drawn up so designs for a hole new type of regators specially designed for e-cig users it incorporates a dule chamber system that will alow the user to open and close a value under brith the regulator opening it up to a second chamber witch houses a e-cig mini that turns on when you Inhale. With a hose connecting to the second chamber so that it stays equalized and dosent crushes the e-cig what's y'all's opinions

Lol I wouldn't doubt that it is a little hard to spit with the ol rebreather. I had done my basic open watter course and one of the instructors uses an e-cig we started kicking around saying why has no one created a system to alow pepol to use an e-cig under watter and of course being a guy I took that as a challenge and have came up with designens to alow an ecig to be used so instead of waists get money and going around and creating a hole system I thought go and fined out would it be worth making

Lol I wouldn't doubt that it is a little hard to spit with the ol rebreather. I had done my basic open watter course and one of the instructors uses an e-cig we started kicking around saying why has no one created a system to alow pepol to use an e-cig under watter and of course being a guy I took that as a challenge and have came up with designens to alow an ecig to be used so instead of waists get money and going around and creating a hole system I thought go and fined out would it be worth making

Divers would be lining up to buy it, what a great idea

Is it safe with nitrox?

Spectrum as of right now I do not have one built nor testedand I am only 16 I have drawing of a design that I believe has a 95% chance of secudiding my number one priority after getting feed back on if pepol would acholy buy it is to take it up apone my self to crunch some numbers to see if it will be safe with nitrox and craft a new nitrox dive table that will take acount for nicotine levels as high as 12 mg

Wow! you think so ?

Jacob,
I just read your intro post and having just realized you are only 16y/o I will allow for an inexperienced sarcasm detector. I personally don't think an underwater e-cig is a good idea and I don't actually use tobacco products except for a good Cohiba to accompany a single malt once in a while.
It sounds like you are a very clever and inventive personality and I hope you will continue to look for new inventions to improve the sport of diving. I honestly don't feel an e-cig is a great product for the dive community but I have been wrong before.

Good luck and keep inventing. Now if you want to work on a solid state O2 or CO2 sensor let me know.

We also considers the fact that there are also many many many many difrent brands/company's that craft difrent flavors of e-juice and we also have to take in consideration of all of the difrent type of ingredients at difrent deeps so as of now it's still in planing phase and is hard for a 16 year old high school student to be able to test and creat on his own so it is still in progress with all els but I am quit sure that the main thing will be to figure out at what point is the nicotine level v.s depth toxic

---------- Post added September 4th, 2015 at 11:22 AM ----------

Dhboner no you didn't

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom