New type of hoses?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cappyjon431

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Perhaps being on a remote tropical island has kept me out of the gear innovation loop, but I recently had two divers come into my shop with a new (for me anyhow) type of hose for their regulators and consoles. They appeared to be made out of a woven material, were extremely lightweight, and very flexible. The high pressure hose was extremely narrow. They came in a variety of colors. I had never seen these before and wanted to ask the divers about them but never had the opportunity.

Does anyone know who manufactures these hoses? Are they significantly pricier? Has first hand experience shown that they are durable? Sorry for all the questions but I would like to purchase some of these for my personal gear and I can't find any info on them by using the SB search function. Perhaps if I knew what they were called I could find them on the web.

Thanks!

Miflex? Hoses for SCUBA - Dive Gear Express

Miflex_knot-250.jpg

If so, one thing to note is that there have been quite a few reported failures of the HP hoses where the fittings crimp on.

They're Miflex hoses, and have been around for a year or so. The HP version is much thinner, more like shoe-lace size, and there have been some failures with them at the crimps. There is also a thicker version of the HP hose made by another company, called Phantom hoses. Here is a link to them on the Dive Rite Express web site. I like them a lot, especially for the secondary reg. The long hose version is a little floaty, and will come untucked in a back-roll entry and, so I read, when scootering. I like the thicker Phantom for the HP hose.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom