New TSA Regulations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diverrick
Have a look at my post on page3.
Don't buy it as you are going to be searched again before you get on the plane.

No laptops? I'll just have to UPS mine overnight now. Safer than the gorillas who work as baggage handlers

My work does not allow me to leave my laptop out of my personal sight, and preferably in physical contact with me at all times. And of course, my work requires travel. I wonder if a note from my mommy would suffice.....:D

Maybe you could get a note from the VA.:11: :D

Seriously though. Seems the best thing to do would be to ban those who look like they are going to do something. And arm everybody else.

Pyrofish:
I'm traveling to Malta on Sunday, with a connecting flight at Gatwick. I was going to carry on a Storm Case with my regs and computer and put the rest of my gear in checked in baggage.

I'm guessing a Storm Case would be physically fine checked in (but will look like it has something valuable in it, so would be at the mercy of unsrupulous bagge handlers etc.)....certainly make sure it is insured for theft/loss if you do take it

as for personal entertainment on the flight - unlucky - it will be a long boring flight....

Dxxxed! I am all packed and ready to leave tommorrow! Now I have to go upstairs and start a new round of packing.
Will they still allow you to carry on digital cameras/ strobes? Sounds like they found explosives in a small radio in someones carry on, or intended for carry on.(according to the articles)

I don't see anything about laptops. I looked

Cool. I hope this means I don't have to travel next week. Cause the rue is set in concrete, unless TSA is going to sign and assure a chain of custody. Yeah, I can just imagine that.

Gotta love those Park Ride and Fly operations. Just leave the keys with them.

stu_in_fl:
oohh hadn't heard about the remote control - that would be a pain

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom