New trip report of Lake Travis from a newbie

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LM - Welcome to the Swamp! I was in the shop the day you signed up and picked out your gear - I'm glad you made it this far and had such a great first Travis dive. Every one of us has been through exactly what you went through. I was laughing out loud at several of your comments ... I have sooooo been there ... and not that long ago.

You got to join with two of the best divers out there. Chris and Melissa are as good as it gets. Now you can look forward to working your way down the rest of the list - set your goals to dive with every one of the rest of us local Swampers. It just gets better and better.

LM - Welcome to the Swamp! I was in the shop the day you signed up and picked out your gear - I'm glad you made it this far and had such a great first Travis dive. Every one of us has been through exactly what you went through. I was laughing out loud at several of your comments ... I have sooooo been there ... and not that long ago.

You got to join with two of the best divers out there. Chris and Melissa are as good as it gets. Now you can look forward to working your way down the rest of the list - set your goals to dive with every one of the rest of us local Swampers. It just gets better and better.

Are you the dad or the son I met that day? And since I need to set a goal to dive with all yous swamp people, when and where? So far in the next month I have hamilton , and two balahasomthing trips set up, Im not ready for salt water but thats my only real limit right now

I'm the dad ... he's a better diver than me, but I pay for everything so it evens out. When are you doing Hamilton (I'm assuming you’re talking about the Pool)? There's a rumor about something this Saturday morning - I'll be there. I'm not going to be able to make the Balmorrea trip - spring yard work has to get done. Outside that, I'm up for any weekend, and I can usually do a weekday afternoon without too much trouble.

BTW - Salt water is not a limit ... it’s a crutch ... much too easy ... all that warm blue clear water, colorful fish and stuff. We've been diving 3 years now and except for a few trips to the Long Island Sound (December, 30 degree air temp, 38 degree water temp) and 3 trips to Disney's DiveQuest at Epcot Center, I haven’t done any salt water yet either. It’s all been fresh water lakes - cold, murky, and dark - the only way to dive.

Don't fall for that Caribbean blue water stuff … Love the Lake – it will return the favor over and over again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom