New tourist tax structure in effect 7-1-22

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Heading to Bonaire Saturday and just paid tax with MC online. Hope everyone else has success.

Do we need to fill out a ED card before going to Bonaire, or do we just go there?

Just chiming in to say we have had the same problem over the two days, trying to pay on line before we arrive. The problem's not our credit card companies--we checked.

I tried the site as well and it seems you cannot pay online until less than 7 days before arrival. Seems stupid to me.

Update: Just tried the site again (departing this weekend) and it worked!

Regarding how far in advance one can do it, like others, I found that I could not enter our arrival and departure dates until our trip was less than seven days away, and thus I could not make it through the site to the payment screen. Once I was inside that time frame, however, I could make it to the payment screen but the site wouldn't accept my payment. Retried several times this week, with no success, hoping that the website issue had been fixed. Tried one last time this morning, just for the heck of it, and I was pleasantly surprised.

I hope this means that the website glitch has been fixed and that other travelers will now have success as well.

Anyone know how this is handled for cruise ship visitors? I would assume the cruise lines have some deal worked out but have no idea.

Leaving tomorrow. Already checked-in for flight. No go last night and just now on pre-paying. Seems that I will be waiting on-line instead of paying on-line.

All other charges such as STINAPA tag and rental car went through so no reason these attempts shouldn't.

Does this form only allow one week in advance? I can't seem to set a date of arrival past Aug 14th.

Edit: On the other hand, the marine park fee is for the year, and can be purchased ahead of time it seems.

T minus 6 days, no luck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom