New tourist tax structure in effect 7-1-22

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

arew+4

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
$75 per person per trip no more per night tax, and some rental car tourist tax will go away as well.

$75 per person per trip no more per night tax, and some rental car tourist tax will go away as well.

Price comparison:
Buddy dive; per day per person, room tax is $6.50, car tax is $4.50 but split amooungs those sharing the car.
Assume 4 people sharing, daily taxes are $7.63.
$75 is the same as 9.8 days of current costs.
Conclusion: a one week stay will cost a bit more ($21.62); a two week stay will save money.

Price comparison:
Buddy dive; per day per person, room tax is $6.50, car tax is $4.50 but split amooungs those sharing the car.
Assume 4 people sharing, daily taxes are $7.63.
$75 is the same as 9.8 days of current costs.
Conclusion: a one week stay will cost a bit more ($21.62); a two week stay will save money.
I’m going to present that argument to my wife tonight as a basis for extending our stay. Wish me luck!

I’m going to present that argument to my wife tonight as a basis for extending our stay. Wish me luck!

Our prayers with you. Let's know if it worked. We may try with our wives too if it works with yours.

Have you read it. The original( July 2021) which seemed to have public support was changed from $50 as a one-time fee in a 12-month period to $75 for every entry for people in the neighboring islands who travel back and forth or those who come to the island to visit family or vacation more than once a year they putting a much larger burden on them. Plus a 50% increase from the original fee and nobody has heard what they intend to do with the increased revenue. from the $50 fee let alone the $75.00 fee They laid out a tax structure to increase revenue yet nothing to help roads, sidewalks, or even the locals, nothing mentioned on the use of those funds.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom