New to Wreck Valley - Dutch Springs ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

denise611

Registered
Reaction score
Hey! I am new to Scuba Board and live in New Jersey. I was certified in April partially through a dive shop in Central NJ and did my checkout dives through a dive shop in St. Maarten. Then I spent five days this past week in Florida diving some of the springs and did an ocean dive.

I have been to Dutch Springs as an observer (my brother and sister-in-law went scuba diving there last summer). If I will be diving with a 7 mm full and 7 mm shorty, is it too cold right now? I know the temp graph is on the website, but I heard the thermoclines get really cold. For those that have been there in May or early June, what should I expect? Any information would be helpful.

I am also looking to do my AOW and Nitrox in June if possible. Want to know if the night dives for AOW will be too cold.

It's great how I see groups getting together for dives at Dutch Springs. I dont have a "local" buddy as my brother lives in AZ, but may look to join up in some of these diving get togethers in the future!

Denise

Surface temps are in the mid 50s and bottom temps are in the mid 40s. The wetsuit will be fine, especially if it's nice topside. Lots of people diving there in wetsuits this time of year.

I will be at Dutch Springs tomorrow and plan on diving in my 7/5 mil wetsuit since I am getting ready to go to Florida and dive and want to practice in the same gear. I'm thinking I'll be fine, but I'll have my drysuit in the Jeep just in case... :eyebrow:

ibnygator:
Me too, and I switched to my drysuit after one dive...

Yep it was cold......brrrrrr my Vyper showed 46 at 67 ffw on that dive!

Yeah, and I have classes this weekend, and can't get a seal in time... I think I'm going to try to rig it..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom