New to the board

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

if it has 8 arms it is called an octopus? But if a pus(s) is a face, then why isn't called and an octoarm? Why don't you shoot a message over to blacknet and see what he can find out with his search engine? He uses google, but I use googleplex--which, surely, you must know is a step up!

Say, are you old enough to have read, "One, Two, Three, Infinity"? And did you see that I actually figured out how to fix the original BLT(not the sandwich)'s URL? And that I asked you for a job? Or are you in the cost-cutting mode now?

Joewr--whose avarice is only exceeded by his greed...

I would highly recommend that you don't use that naturally warmed water trick in a dry suit!

And never, ever ask me to open your back zipper if you do. (wrinkling nose, holding breath)

DSAO

Hi all,

I'm new to the board, but not new to diving. I started diving in the late 50's. During the this time I was on the local Sheriff's Department dive team. I was also a member of the U.S. Army's Special Forces Reserve starting in 1961. were I was able to attend the Combat Divers course in '62 at Key West, FL.
I dove for the Sheriff's Department until '72. During this time I helped to recover 200 bodies and a few live Unlimited Hydro drivers. Didn't do a lot for diving for the Army. I did get pretty tired of finding bodies, etc. for the Sheriff though. In 1984 I retired from the US Army Res. and from the Sheriff's department in 1990. In May of this year (01) at age 70, I decided to start diving again. So, I signed up for the OW PADI SCUBA course. Of course all the equipment was new to me and expensive. I passed the course and so far have over $5,000 dollars in equipment (Drysuit diving here in Puget Sound.) It hasn't been easy, but I'm really enjoying diving again.

I was recently in Korea,so I can say don't go there.The region will have cold water.My guess is the east coast of Japan is better due to the pacific ocean.If you want to go further afield then try Thailand,Phillipines and even Okinawa has got good vis I am told.
I'm off to Seoul on my way back to New Zealand in a couple of weeks.Welcome to the boards.
Cheers Big Ears,
The Thunder from Down Under,
The Gasman.

Greg,

Thanks for the advice. Hadn't really considered Korea for diving - is there anything worth doing there? Not really worried about the cold as I have my own in-built insulation plus a dry suite!! Coldest water to date was 3 degrees (that's centigrade before you Americans out there get too excited) which was great fun - especially trying to drink afterwards with numb lips!!!

I want to check out as much diving out this way while I can take advantage of the relatively short flight times. May even get down to NZ - no defintely will for skiing or diving, I'm not sure which?!

First stop Guam though - bags packed and off tomorrow....

Cheers
Jonathan

Hello Fellow U/W Planetary Explorers!

Just wanted to say "hello" to everyone here. On my way to the islands next week. Just found this board and wanted to stop in before heading south.

I wish you all a happy and safe holiday weekend, and if there are no holidays on your calendar, take a red marking pen and create your own.

Later,

Zane

Back
Top Bottom