New to the board

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OW cert in water temps 38F? C'mon Hawk you're killing me. A person could experience major shrinkage just thinking about that. :cold:

Ok, I admit it I too am a candy a** diver. Allright all you candy a** warm bathwater type divers line up on the left....I see you over there Joe. :peace:

the original BLT(not the sandwich) and could you pour a little more of that 80 deg F water in the lagoon? Ahhh... that's better.

Candya** diver? You bet! And if God had intended us to dive in cold water, he would have invented dry suits...

Joewr--who has to admit he will dip his toes in the frigid waters off Catalina--but only because SocalDiver made nice! And Barbara will be holding my gloved hand...

Welcome to the wonderful Pacific! When are you coming to my little island (Guam)? Are you AirForce, or Navy?

Sorry for the late response, but my monitor decided to "crap out" on my a few days ago..and I've been cut off from civilization.

Who are you diving with while you are on island?

Hiya Scubabunny

I'll be there in 2 weeks - can't wait! I'll be diving with PSD and I am not in the forces just a lowly s/w developer working in Tokyo for a couple of years.

As to the dictionaries maybe I'll check them out. No idea what joewr said in his later email but the first one was certainly clean enough. All I do know is a certain spopular 4 letter word also makes up a large part of turning a verb into the past tense!!!

Jonathan

and you will learn things no dictionary or introductory Japanese text will ever touch! But, watch out for Mad Mario: he is trying to make me into a better person. Now, you have to admire him for that! And his neat logos!

Joewr--who should never be called "o jo san"!

ja, mata...........

All you have to do to help you be able to get in the water is to take a couple of gallons of warm water with you to pour into your wetsuit before you go in. As long as you keep moving you will be fine.

Later, Hawk.

I thought you were supposed to DRINK a lot water, then when you got cold, you just let a little of it out... au naturale! And... it's already been heated!

:tease:

BTW, where's the cyrillic alphabet, so those of us who speak Russian can have some fun! Anyone have a list of all the ASCII charecter???

NetDoc,

If you get Cyrillic, then I want kanji, hiragana and katakana...

Joewr...wondering if this is how an arms race starts???

Hey Joewr,

Everyone knows that an "arms race" starts with a bunch of arms at the starting line... They start when someone gives them a hand... or was that the finger??? I wonder if they are ever asked to "toe the line"? I know that this was toe-tally off topic, but you have to admit it was mostly "armless"...

:tease:

The PunDoc strikes again...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom