New to the board

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Jonathan,

I too will chorus with the welcoming committee here (key of C major, please). You have found a bunch of dedicated divers who love to read and respond to what others have to say. They might not always agree with you, but heck, the real truth can never be found when no one disagrees! There is strength in diversity! Or is that there is diversity in strength??? Maybe that was a University in Stockholm... never mind!

As for your Nick, I think it's cool that it still was available! I use my Company name since it is not as common as my first name. As for "buying" that Joewr name... it's been tainted Chester! Won't go into nary a detail here, but I would be a might careful 'round that guy (grin)... he's just a tad too friendly, if'n you git my drift!

:tease:

Welcome to the forum, fellow Jonathan. I'm here from California, the beautiful sunny state (sometimes). Wish you all the best in diving.... Peace!
afraser

I lived in Eagle Point for 2 years, and Medford for 6. This was before my real birth though (real birth being the day I got certified and finally realized I was a fish, and only human because Wendy's has no underwater hamburger shops)

Anyway I wish I had discovered diving while I was up there. I would gladly have paid the fine for one single dive into Crater Lake. I have told several people there ain't another place like it in the world, not even the Caribbean is a clear to such a depth.

For those of you who have never seen it or heard of it, it is the 3rd deepest lake in the world at 1970 some feet. With visibility on a good day probably 300+

But it is a natural area in Oregon, and totally off limits other than to look at, or crash helicoptors in if you are in the military.

But what a spectacular, pristine dive you would have in the mouth of a colapsed volcano, spring fed wonderland. It has such a natural balance to it that the lake depth fluctuates on 1/2 an inch a year. yes that is in inches. And snowfall up there can be 20-30 feet on the ground, and the lake doesn't get deeper, or if it is hot, it doesn't drain out.

Pretty amazing!

Oh I miss Oregon!

syruss
scubadiver@coraladventures.net
http://www.coraladventures.net

Thanks for the welcome guys & gals.

I have to echo the sentiments of others and say that you seem like a friendly bunch and have a pretty good site here - even if it does tend to lean to towards the US, but I geuss that's up to us to try and change!

And in response to joewr - genki desu! Had to have help translating the other bit as I've only had a handful of lessons so far, so with my limited vocab - ii desu!

2 weeks to go - then I get my head wet again, YEAH!

Jonathan

Well, be sure to tell us "US" types all about it! And when you are ready for some "blue" words in Japanese,let me know...........

Sore dewa, mata kondo.........

Joewr

"Dekimashi-a" is a perfectly clean Japanese word!

And I always thought when I wrote that I was a candy a-- diver, I was being polite--heck, I was avoiding the censor and did not even know it. LD, your red pencil is very powerful!

Wonder what it will do with "kuso"?

Joewr

Joe, Joe, Joe,

I leave you alone for five minutes and you're already getting into trouble. A regulator being regulated... truly a sad, sad sight... :tease:

Never thought about diving in Crater Lake. I am new to diving and am in the planning stages for several of the high lakes. Going on a hike in the sisters wilderness area to check out a few this Sunday. I finished my OW dives in Cultas Lake. The lake had just thawed and there was still snow around the edges. The surface was 41 degrees and at 27 feet the temp was 38 degrees. While patiently waiting and freezing our rears off at the bottom, I pretended that I was warming my hands over a fire. My buddy laughed and then reached down and picked up a rusty old zippo lighter! He pretended he was starting the fire and everyone started laughing, bubbles everywhere! It was a great time, cold and clear. The visibility was probably somewhere in the 200 foot range. I can't wait to get back out and do some more.

Later, Hawk.

Hello Jonathan, and welcome to the pit of dispair, the place where you will quickly learn you are doomed. You will succumb to all your fears, you will buy till your credit card can bear no more. All of this so you can say "Damn right I am a scuba diver!"

On here you will meet some interesting people, most with lives above ground that would be the envy of most people living in Wyoming. But when they put on their flipper and "go home to the waters" they are pretty good folk!

Anyway welcome to here!

syruss
scubadiver@coraladventures.net
http://www.coraladventures.net

(home of over 205 registered dive buddies, just waiting to go diving with YOU!)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom