New to Tampa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FossilFinder

Registered
Reaction score
Hello All..

Just arrived in Tampa and wanted to touch base and get recommendations for LDSs and/or dive sites.

What are you all wearing (wetsuit-wise)? I think my drysuit from the PNW might be overkill..

Thanks

Alex J

Hi from the Gainesville area. I use a 2 pc. 3mm w/hood. I have quite a bit of natural insulation, though:wink: !

Hiya, welcome to FL... and almost down to the topics! I use a 3/2 long sleeve shortie. I haven't found need for anything else yet.

Fossil,

Moved to tampa from Vancouver WA a year ago- got cert in the sound - always used a two piece 7mm (talk about COLD in the winter) Got here and bought a 2 mm shorty and a two piece 3mm (total cost of $150 in the Keys). I think I got it covered for all diving conditions. I dive mostly in the Keys but need to get out more on the West side. Let me know if you want to venture out (that goes for anyone who needs a dive buddy.)

Were in WA are you from?

g-dive once bubbled...

Were in WA are you from?

Just outside Vancouver, in Washougal.

Always interested in getting wet!

Who in the area has good prices on Tank rentals (mine are still in WA)?

Alex

You might be happy to dive it in the winter, water temp. did drop below 60 last winter, it can be dove wet (of course), but dry would be more comfortable. I'm getting ready to dig mine out...

Water temp off of Clearwater beach last weekend was 77. A 3mm shorty works for me although for the springs that are a constant 72 I prefer my 5mm full suit. In the summer you don't need much more then a skin but I dive with just a bathing suit:D

Welcome to the Tampabay area :)

I am looking at visiting AquaFlite Factpory just outside of Tampa and wonder what are some good beach dive sites in the Tampa area?

Alot of people dive there.
Hunting for sharks teeth in shallow water.
Makes for long dives.
I was there last week with 3 other people and we found more than 300 teeth. We had a great time.
There's always the springs and sink holes. There a good time too.
If your cave or cavern it makes it even more interesting.
If you post when your on your way you'll always find someone to dive with down here. Florida has the best people.
Cause most or from somewhere else.
Fred

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom