new to scubaboard,info please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
My wife and I were certified open water in August 2004 and have not been able to dive since.After a 7 day cruise out of miami,which I strategically chose because of the diving(Grand Cayman,Roatan,Belize)the cruise was NOT my idea,I have decided to stay in TAVERNIER(Florida Keys) for a week upon returning.We are looking for a great dive charter,small groups i.e. 6 divers that does not have a problem with novice divers.Although we are inexperienced it is my intention to dive as often as possible and continue this great adventure under the sea.All the info provided would be much appreciated.One more thing,while in Florida I would like to buy new gear,1st and second stages, the whole works as prices seem to be MUCH better in the U.S.A. Any advice on good pricing on gear in and around Tavernier,Key Largo or Islamorada would be appreciated,new but enthusiastic,thankyou SKIPPYROCKS

Welcome (Scub)aBoard! :happywave

Click [thread=91105]here[/thread] for ScubaBoard 101: [thread=91105]A beginner's guide to the ScubaBoard.Com forums[/thread].

Don’t forget to fill out your Public Profile (and Dive Info) on one of your next surface intervals so we can get to know you a little bit better. Besides, it will make it easier for us to answer your questions. Please, do add a Profile Pic. If you’re not in a particularly creative mood, you can have a look at my Public Profile for inspiration.

Florida Conch Divers.

Any other questions? Just click this link: Send me a PM!

Laurens

This message brought to you by GreetBot R/2

Greetings and welcome to ScubaBoard!

Tavernier/Islamorada diving is Awesome> good choice.

Yes would difinately recommend the link on ScubaBoard sub-forum:
Florida Conch Divers > Try posting there to get the locals to give you some feedback:

http://www.scubaboard.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55

Glad to have you on board.

Safe and Great Diving!

Cheers

Howdy from Texas and welcome to SB!

Tavernie is but a five miles or so from Key Largo, so you'll have several good Ops to chose from in both. My favorite to referring :newbie:s is Scuba-Do. Tell Laurie I sent you.

Around MM 99, and on the way to and from Scbua-Do, you'll see Water World Sports - the largest dive store I've seen. I drop in at least once a day when I'm there. :D

Good to have you here. Click here to PM me if I can help you get started in our various forums.

:cowboy: don

smiley-linie-010.gif

Moved from Introductions & Greets forum.

Welcome.
In Key Largo, I recommend Quiescence Diving services. They run small boats (6 packs) and were very accomodating to us as newbies.
I have found that people on this board are very friendly, and helpful, but like to at least feel that you have made an effort to run a search before asking the same question for the 100th time. Go the Florida Conch divers forum, and run searches for Key Largo, Tavernier, Islamorada, etc... Then, when you have more info, ask specific questions about particular operators, locations, etc...
Definitely check out Diver's Direct store, and when in Key Largo, you have to eat at Hobo's for lunch or dinner.
You will have a great time down there.
Tom

Welcome to the board. You'll find a lot of good information from the members. There is a lot of good diving in the upper keys and as novice divers you'll like some reefs better than others. One thing you will enjoy is the abundant fish life in the area.

If we can answer anymore questions please email us or call at the below address.

Good Diving,

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom