New to Scuba, my PADI checkout dive is in the morning!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nick Briseno

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
So I have always wanted to scuba dive, I went for a discover scuba when I was in Maui a few weeks ago and had an awesome experience. So much so that when I got back I looked into courses. Well my girlfriend asked me to go to the bahamas with her next weekend(she asked about 3 weeks ago.) She is already NAUI certified and wanted to dive so i began looking for private lessons asap. I found an awesome local dive shop (Caribbean Dive Shop) and they gave me private lessons last weekend and tomorrow morning I go for my checkout dive. I am pretty excited for that and the Bahamas. I have a San Diego trip and another Hawaii Trip planned for the 3rd quarter of this year so after the Bahamas I plan on looking into the Nitrox class, Advanced Scuba class, and Night diving class. I look forward to being a part of this board and a part of the Scuba community!

Edit: I bought a scuba pro wetsuit, sub pro xp10, slate, fins, mask, snorkel, and a go pro. Next up is the scuba pro bc and a 1st and 2nd stage.

I am also new to the forum and it's good to hear your story. Sounds like you have some great trips coming up! Have fun and keep diving!

Enjoy your dives and have fun today (tomorrow/yesterday)! Sorry, I'm in Spain right now and still can't figure out time differences too well.

Congratulations, and welcome to the weightless world! Glad to see you have plans for a variety of diving experiences. Nothing makes it more fun than being good at it, and the best way to get good is to do a lot of diving!

Thanks everyone :) here is a selfie I took with my go pro on my last dive of the day haha. I look like a blowfish I know.
9te6TTL.jpg

Great selfie! Just like you I got my OW recently. Just signed up for the Emocean program at one of the local dive shops. The Emocean program gets you certified in AOW and Nitrox. Can't wait to start. Also bought a Go Pro 3+ and I can't wait to start using it. Keep sharing pictures. Love them all.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom