New to scuba and will complete OW cert in Bora Bora

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello Divers, my teenage son and I were recently certified in Denver. Two of our open water dives were completed at the Denver Aquarium. After much research, we are booked for a family vacation to Bora Bora and we’ll complete the remaining via OW Referral. Bora Diving Center will have us complete 4 dives in two days. My teenage son wants to wreck dive soooo bad :) I see another dive center offers a wreck dive in Tahiti for beginners. Does anyone have any feedback regarding diving “the wrecks” in Tahiti? Looks fairly close to Papeete and Faa. Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks!

Tahiti as with BB and Moorea are small islands, you can drive around Tahiti in a couple of hours stopping off and seeing the lava tubes and grottos included - Faaa airport is a bit away from most of the hotels (Manava Suites or the Hilton will be your best bet as quite a few hotels in Tahiti have closed down recently) so if you wanted to dive the tahiti wreck (I havent, concentrated my diving in the Tuomotos) I would suggest you do it on your return from BB and do the wreck on your way home - day flying BB > Papeete, settle in to your hotel, next morning do the wreck dive and if you can, its worth doing a circle island tour of Tahiti, its actually a really beautiful island. Papeete downtown is not much to write home about but your plan is def possible if you will be hiring gear and dont have to wait for gear to dry. Also be aware of the lack of transport (I never saw one le truck and only one bus in 3 weeks) and cabs are expensive and particularly hard to get on sundays and if there are cruise ships in you may want to book transport from Faaa to whatever hotel you choose in Tahiti in advance. Have fun :)

Back
Top Bottom