New to me Nudi

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justleesa

Neither here nor there
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
Just got around to working on these pictures - Took them on a shallow dive at Makai Pier I discovered that Ringed Sap-Sucking Slugs are EVERYWHERE!

P1019430.jpg

Not only single ones...but entire groups of them hanging out

P1019434.jpg

Another first was a Blue Swallowtail Slug

P1019446.jpg

Every time I take the camera along I realize all over again that getting older sucks...I have such a hard time seeing what I am photographing....can't even tell if it is on the screen or in focus... :(

Thanks Gabe, I think I've seen the site before - very nice!

It is amazing how many years I have been diving here and still haven't seen it all

(they were in the book BTW, just the first time I've seen one of either of them)

scottitheduck:
Every dive is different and you just have to challenge yourself to look past the mundane and find something epic on each dive!

yeah.....never gets boring

justleesa:
Just got around to working on these pictures - Took them on a shallow dive at Makai Pier I discovered that Ringed Sap-Sucking Slugs are EVERYWHERE!

.............Every time I take the camera along I realize all over again that getting older sucks...I have such a hard time seeing what I am photographing....can't even tell if it is on the screen or in focus... :(

Leesa,

Great pix!
I've seen the sapsuckers cover the sea floor like a carpet. Got some video of that. The focus on these pix is great - at least the camera can see to focus! :D BTW -- mask insert lenses are great for seeing stuff close-up and are a cheap way to see your LCD screen when shooting underwater.

Mark

Thanks Mark :wink:
Also thanks for the tip....I'll be looking for inserts :wink: (how do you figure out what strength you need? I don't need reading glasses, just above water I can take my glasses off to look at the small stuff)

Nice pics. Havn't seen either one of them before except in books.
Have you tried an Hydro optic mask yet? I WANT one enough to go back to wearing contacs to screw up my vision.

Wildcard:
Have you tried an Hydro optic mask yet?

that would only take care of my distance vision, no?

here are a couple more (when you come back we have to go diving there....we can get at least 80-90 minutes on an 80 :wink: )

P1019409.jpg

P1019414.jpg

I should take you on my shallow sharks cove dive. I did 90 minutes and still had 1200lbs. Never broke 20 feet and most of it was 8-10. Saw lots of cool new stuff including nudis.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom