New to me Nudi

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gabe, nice website. I think I've seen it before too. I just spent some time just checking out the nudi's.

Chris

DSC02142.JPG

Lisa,

I love your style of diving. You know I love looking for nudi's and small stuff. I'll definately bring my camera if we get a chance to go out.

Chris

DSC01635_0.JPG

Thanks Chris :D and thanks Drew, great set of dives today - Hope you can post a still shot of that H-U-G-E sponge crab

Wildcard:
Nice pics. Havn't seen either one of them before except in books.
Have you tried an Hydro optic mask yet? I WANT one enough to go back to wearing contacs to screw up my vision.

Nudibranchs are my favorite....
Across the street from Jamesons (Haleiwa) is an excellent place to find nudibranchs, especially the Ringed Sap-Sucking Slugs; they're ALL over the place. The reef is usually really murky, but it can be interesting if you wander far enough..

Here's another good nudibranch site:
http://slugsite.tierranet.com/ (worldwide)

justleesa:
Thanks Mark :wink:
Also thanks for the tip....I'll be looking for inserts :wink: (how do you figure out what strength you need? I don't need reading glasses, just above water I can take my glasses off to look at the small stuff)

Leesa,

I think I use a +1.5. Check at your dive shop to see what they recommend. I got a new mask a couple months ago with a full corrective lens for my right eye (which sees close OK but not as well at distance). This setup gave me great distance vision - but I put had to put in the inserts to see my camera screen. Undortunately I had to buy another set with different magnification to compensate for the corrective lens - 4 different lenses in that mask!

Mark

justleesa:
yeah.....never gets boring

Ah yes HI is one WONDERFUL place to dive.........same sites are always popping up new stuff to show me!! And Leesa great pics BTW. :D

Edited: Matter of fact I just saw my first Jackson's Chameleon the other day at my fav dive spot. Not an underwater experience but new to me none the less. :)

Back
Top Bottom