New to Fort Lauderdale and Looking for Buddies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kayaker79:
Normally no, but I do get federal holidays off, so during the three day weekends, I'm in. Would be interested in night dives if you're free.

--Kayaker79

We just did a night dive last Thrusday night. Keep an eye out for the posts here in the Conch Divers thread and I'm sure you'll see something again soon.

Well, I don't have weekdays off but weeknights are open. I did most of my San Diego shore dives at night and loved it. I really like shore diving. It gives you more of a workout and it saves some cash. I really looking forward to getting out of the colder California diving and out of my 7 mm wetsuit and back into my 3 mm shortie! I lived in West Palm Beach when I was in junior high and am looking forward to being back in Florida. I hope to meet some of you sometime soon. By the way, what is "Mike's". Also, do you guys have some LDS recommendations?

By the way, do any of you have any apartment recommendations? I'm looking for a sensibly priced two bedroom near my office which is in Davie.

Later!

Nathan

Here is a stupid question. Is the Florida Conch Divers just a group of posters on this forum or is it a real club that goes out and dives together? Either way, I'm there!! Thanks for the clarification.

Nathan

By the way, do any of you have any apartment recommendations? I'm looking for a sensibly priced two bedroom near my office which is in Davie.
You might find sensibly priced OR 2 bedroom, but not both...(however because Davie is a college town, you might find something round the campuses)
Here is a stupid question. Is the Florida Conch Divers just a group of posters on this forum or is it a real club that goes out and dives together? Either way, I'm there!! Thanks for the clarification.
Both. Sorta. (how's that for a definative answer) LOL
The Conch Divers are anybody who resides in this great state that dives and belongs to Scubaboard. Of course, if you dive in the state you can be a conch diver too...we have some folks that winter down here...Anybody can post in the forum also. If you mean a "real club," like one that has meetings and takes dues-NO. But if you want to, I can take the money from, er I mean for you!
We have dive parties throughout the year. These gatherings are planned well in advance, like the Ginnie Springs dive in April. All it takes to plan a dive party is the desire for somebody to step forward and offer. So, in this way we are a club. Deepseawolf has done a tremendeous job so far of planning the Ginnie Springs trip.

well i am probably one of the youngest around here i am 18 i have been diving since i was 14 but just got certified last augest but i havent been able to go diving with anyof the groups that go out because of work and other things that i have to do before i get to play

algal bloom:
Well, I don't have weekdays off but weeknights are open. I did most of my San Diego shore dives at night and loved it. I really like shore diving. It gives you more of a workout and it saves some cash. I really looking forward to getting out of the colder California diving and out of my 7 mm wetsuit and back into my 3 mm shortie! I lived in West Palm Beach when I was in junior high and am looking forward to being back in Florida. I hope to meet some of you sometime soon. By the way, what is "Mike's". Also, do you guys have some LDS recommendations?

Later!

Nathan

I'm going to be back in town the night of March 5th, have to go to ATL for school, and I was wanting to get a few people together and try a for a shallow reef dive off my boat on Saturday morning. I have to fly back to ATL on Sunday afternoon for another week so it has to be Early Saturday or not at all. If anyone is interested let me know. I can carry 4 plus someone that's willing to stay on the boat and keep an eye on things while the rest of us are blowing bubbles. (And I don't mean the chimp)

Yes, we do beach dives, weekday dives, weekend dives, night dives. dawn dives Jenny likes the early ones), dusk dives and anything that is not mentioned. All you have to do is watch the board. Respond to one that suits your fancy, then sign up and show up.

Welcome to Florida!!!

Joe :bandsmlz: :drummer:

Padipro:
I'm going to be back in town the night of March 5th, have to go to ATL for school, and I was wanting to get a few people together and try a for a shallow reef dive off my boat on Saturday morning. I have to fly back to ATL on Sunday afternoon for another week so it has to be Early Saturday or not at all. If anyone is interested let me know. I can carry 4 plus someone that's willing to stay on the boat and keep an eye on things while the rest of us are blowing bubbles. (And I don't mean the chimp)

PadiPro: I'm in the same boat as you <no pun intended> -- I'll be flying out on Monday and would like to get in a dive if you're still offering.. lemme know.

cheers,
--Casey (cjt_abroad@yahoo.com)

Welcome to the club Nathan. We're not all in our mid 20's but who the heck is counting? Age is just a number anyway.

The diving is the best in Broward...you've just got to check it out dude!! There is a also bit of surfing, and one of my dive buddies (he's in his 20's) does some surfing whenever there is a chance, or the winds are kicking (like now).

Anyway, look us up here...we just love to dive dive dive!!!

Semper Safe

Rick

p.s. don't let it be too much of a culture shock...I moved from San Antonio 10 yrs ago and it was somewhat harsh, but I'm used to it now...lol

Kayaker79:
PadiPro: I'm in the same boat as you <no pun intended> -- I'll be flying out on Monday and would like to get in a dive if you're still offering.. lemme know.

cheers,
--Casey (cjt_abroad@yahoo.com)

Keep an eye on the winds and sea conditions. From what I undersatand from some of the other posts it's not very nice right now. If things improve by Saturday morning I'm going. Keep me posted on how things look as I'm still in Atlanta.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom