New to Fort Lauderdale and Looking for Buddies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

algal bloom

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi to everyone!

I am moving to Fort Lauderdale from Dallas, TX in two weeks and am looking for dive buddies or dive clubs to show me the great dive sites. I learned to dive in Texas lakes, but while training for my new job in San Diego the last two months, I have gotten a lot of shore diving experience. Anyway, I am a 25 year old guy who is very comfortable in the water, just looking for people to hang out with and dive with. Also, is there good surfing in the area? I'd like to surf also if possible. Anyone interested in showing me around, feel free to email or pm me! Thanks!

algal bloom (Nathan)

Welcome!
Great beach diving, good group of us here on the board. There is a dive planned most every weekend. Surfing is not that great here as it is further north towards Daytona.
Keep an eye on the Conch Divers Club for dives, or if you want to start a thread, please feel free to do so...

This is the place to find out where , when and how to dive in Florida.

As Jenny pointed out, there is always some diving going on weather permitting.

Check the board when you get here and sign up on one of the posted dives.

Joe :bandsmlz: :drummer:

algal bloom:
I am moving to Fort Lauderdale from Dallas, TX in two weeks and am looking for dive buddies or dive clubs to show me the great dive sites.
Welcome, Nathan, Jeremy just moved here from the Houston area and he hasn't had any problem adapting. Lots going on here, so check in frequently.

The surfing pretty much sucks, even when we have "high surf" because the waves are choppy and low-energy. You'll have to head way-north for descent surfing, but it's nothing like Texas lol

Hey gang,

also relatively new to SFLA (I've lived here almost a year but am on the road more often than not) and would love to catch up with some younger divers.

I'm 24, male, PADI cert'd and own everything but tanks. Would love to catch up and do a few dives between trips.

cheers,
Kayaker79 (Casey)
cjt_abroad@yahoo.com

I've been also looking for buddies in Fort Lauderdale to dive with. I dive with a friend in West Palm Beach or just show up for group dives. I'm 24 and have been living in Plantation, FL (next to Fort Lauderdale) for past year.

Planning on going diving tommorow somewhere but not sure what plan will be. Boat, wreck, or beach?

Mark Sporleder
darkmoon3d@hotmail.com
http://profiles.yahoo.com/darkmoon3d

Yep there's a few of us early to mid 20s people here. I'm 24 as well

Oh yeah, you're going to love it. Easy transition from Texas. The people I've met from the board are just as friendly as those from back home. The diving is not even a comparison.....I don't miss Lake Travis or Blue Lagoon in the least!!!

Head over to Mikes and catch a dive with everybody, you won't be sorry you did!

Jeremy

Welcome to the board folks. The group of people that have responded to your posts so far are the Kings and Queens of beach diving here in FLL. Hang with them and they can show you around. Either of you newbies have weekdays off? I'm always looking for someone to dive with but I work weekends so it's hard to find buddies.

Hope to see every soon.

Padipro:
Welcome to the board folks. The group of people that have responded to your posts so far are the Kings and Queens of beach diving here in FLL. Hang with them and they can show you around. Either of you newbies have weekdays off? I'm always looking for someone to dive with but I work weekends so it's hard to find buddies.

Hope to see every soon.

Normally no, but I do get federal holidays off, so during the three day weekends, I'm in. Would be interested in night dives if you're free.

--Kayaker79

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom