New to Force Fin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bushman66

Registered
Reaction score
I just picked up a set of Force Fin Pros off eBay to try. Tried them out last night in the pool and did not feel any stress on my legs, making me think they won't make me cramp in my hamstrings (my typical cramp location). Previous fins are Oceanic V16 splits.

However, I did feel slight cramping in the arch of my foot, but that might be traceable to hard soled dive booties that are a bit small and the sole is also pretty stiff. I bought a pair of booties that are a bit bigger with a much thinner sole to see if this helps (allow more toe flex).

Any suggestions on kicking techniques etc? I want to like these, as they fit in my carry on, so I can get all my dive gear into a 22" carry on bag.

Thanks!

You may be chasing the blade with your foot, pointing hard to hold your foot to the blade. Wiggle your toes to relax your foot and let it flex and point with each kick. That should solve the problem. Thanks for taking the time to be Free. Nice to have your foot feeling the water, this way the message from your foot to your Brain is Aquatic and not Terrestrial.

The flexible, better fitting dive booty worked wonders. Kept my foot "locked" into the fin, but plenty of toe freedom. Hard to say with 30 minutes in a pool, but I think they are going to work out just great!

bushman66,
Thanks for your post and your interest in Force Fins. The Force Fin size you bought from ebay is too small for the dive boots you were first using. Great to hear you made the fix with thinner sole boots.

When wearing Force Fins you should never feel any pain. If you do, you have too small of a size.

I always suggest that Force Fin users size to largest possible size using a comfort instep as this will give you the greatest size range with different footwear set ups. Something to remember next time.

Great travel fins and the smartest choice you could make for moving you through the water. Keep us posted on your Force Fin experience.

Any suggestions on kicking techniques etc?

The Force Fins produce a high level of propulsion, so (unless you want to sprint) you can afford to use a lazy and relaxed finning technique for most occasions.

I alternate between a 'modified flutter kick', where I push with the fins from the vertical position, or a frog kick.

Attachments

• 3517839944_9d426834c1_z.jpg
    3517839944_9d426834c1_z.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 108
  • 3517839886_9411ae8007_z.jpg
    3517839886_9411ae8007_z.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 84
  • 3517028123_8509f8b0b9_z.jpg
    3517028123_8509f8b0b9_z.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 77
Thanks guys. I'll be able to test them out in a few weeks in Thailand...will report back.

Back
Top Bottom