Photography and Force Fins.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bob Evans

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I realized most divers have no idea why I really make a better fin. Staring out in the early 1967 with my Nikons camera. I used Jet fins for over 20 years and was always thinking they did not always give me the best maneuverability. Starting around 1971 I started on a 16 year adventure. Over the years I have helped other underwater photographers who liked the idea of less cramps and a smaller blade design. My work. Bob Evans Photography Finally received a Masters from Ernie Brooks of Brooks Institute. Was fun taking pictures of the Force fin history, above and below.
Bob-Evans-Anacapa-Sept-1971-8-copy.jpg
brooks-evans-fw.jpg
of Photography.

As a Undersea designer I was very fortunate to have know Willard Bascom Willard Bascom - Wikipedia and his engineer Jack Mardesich. Working with Jack and our family foundry I made my housing with
b-33-fw.jpg
b-32-fw.jpg
black and white video system. I will share the many adventures with this torpedo in California coastal waters and Baja Mexico. 1975

I was very fortunate to have know Willard Bascom

That is so cool! I never had the opportunity to meet Willard Bascom but followed his career starting when I was in in high school. His book, The Crest of the Wave: Adventures in Oceanography, is a great read and chronicles a lot of innovations we take for granted today.

That is so cool! I never had the opportunity to meet Willard Bascom but followed his career starting when I was in in high school. His book, The Crest of the Wave: Adventures in Oceanography, is a great read and chronicles a lot of innovations we take for granted today.
Thanks Akimbo, I was so luckily he loved my undersea Photography. Was a true gift that touch all of us. One day will tell more in my book. Till then my friend have a merry Christmas and Happy
e-4.jpg
new year.

We were using a RCA black and white camera with a nevcon ? tube sensitive to blue light. The aluminum hosing was rated to several thousand feet.. Our family foundry had the housing infused under pressure with a plastic to fill in any porous areas from the sand casting. We machine the front area for the viewing port. We had a 500 foot cable for video signal. 1978
bob-designs-4-fw.jpg
and power.

We were using a RCA black and white camera with a nevcon ? tube sensitive to blue light. The aluminum hosing was rated to several thousand feet.. Our family foundry had the housing infused under pressure with a plastic to fill in any porous areas from the sand casting. We machine the front area for the viewing port. We had a 500 foot cable for video signal. 1978View attachment 760043 and power.

I'm surprised that he didn't just use one of the high-res (600 line) B&W TV cameras from Hydro Products in San Diego. They pretty well owned that market in those years. We used them on the Bathyscaphe Trieste II and the Mark II Deep Dive System.

I'm surprised that he didn't just use one of the high-res (600 line) B&W TV cameras from Hydro Products in San Diego. They pretty well owned that market in those years. We used them on the Bathyscaphe Trieste II and the Mark II Deep Dive System.
Willard and Jack were doing their own thing and helped me with a custom system, I could not afford the Hydro products. True leaders for sure. Front view on one design.
bob-designs-5-resized-fw.jpg

We used the same housing to encase a 8mm camera with a green thing wide angle lens. Here Andy McMullen is filming with tender John Hodges with lights. Filming on Platform Hilda Star fish project ( a amazing project with bio-fouling control using starfish) 1975 Bob Evans Photography
image-18-30x45_dmL.jpg-fw.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom