New to Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

My name is Brenton. I am new to the diving world. I have been working on bringing a new diving goggle to the market that is 100% anti-fog. I have heard that it takes a lot of work to make the lenses in goggles so they don't fog and that you have to do it almost as often as you dive. This goggle that we have takes little to no maintenance and can be used right out of the package. No need to add pastes, cremes, or any other liquid to make them fog-less. Does this interest anyone in the diving world? Please let me know what you all thing.

Thanks,

Brenton

A permanently no-fog mask would be lovely, to be sure.

It's not really all that hard to make your mask not fog.

Are you new to diving, or just trying to sell to divers?

It's not really all that hard to make your mask not fog.

Are you new to diving, or just trying to sell to divers?

I am trying to sell a fogless dive mask. Thats the thing, you have to "make" your masks anti-fog now where our masks comes like that out of the package and has little maintenance involved to keep it fog-less. We have seen a huge need for this product and now have it and are trying to get it into divers hands.

The most important thing about a mask is that it fits well. If I found a mask I liked, and that fit, maybe it would be nice to have it not fog. I don't see it as a huge need.

Takes me 5 minutes and a lighter when I get a new mask to solve the fog "problem".

However, I have been working on a cheap anti-fog for use on masks. Currently, I have 2,000,000 children in an underdeveloped country spitting into a jar for 32 cents a day. Once I have enough to go to market, I'm going to be a bazillionaire!!

As far as what I think, I think you should contact the board management about advertising your product.

Last edited:
If you really have such a product, it should catch on. However, until so proven you will be met with skepticism. See for example this thread: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ba.../374719-coming-shop-near-you-no-fog-mask.html
which also references still earlier efforts and some manufacturers supposedly already doing it.

I think your challenge will be credibly demonstrating to the community that the product actually performs.

best wishes,

k

Takes me 5 minutes and a lighter when I get a new mask to solve the fog "problem".

However, I have been working on a cheap anti-fog for use on masks. Currently, I have 2,000,000 children in an underdeveloped country spitting into a jar for 32 cents a day. Once I have enough to go to market, I'm going to be a bazillionaire!!

As far as what I think, I think you should contact the board management about advertising your product.

Right now we are trying to find divers with experience that would like to help test the product for us. We are looking for divers that are interested in this new technology. You may not like it or be interested in it but we have done a lot of research and have seen the interest. It is not for sale right now but will be in the future.

No fog mask sounds like a good idea. Mask fogging is far from a crippling problem, but then neither was turning off the TV without a remote control in the old days.

My quick 2 cents on it is that it sounds like you must be considering some kind of coating (rather than a new material for the lense) which presumably would wear off over time?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom