New to diving, question about fins and cost

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They do sound very good, however being a student I can't really afford that cost! I am looking for something no more than £100 (not sure what the exchange rate is like but i guess it would be somewhere under $200)

To go affordable, and something you can actually find in a store, I would try Cressi or Mako....I know the high end Mako's are good, and I expect their standard freedive fins ( non-composite) would be good for you...Cressi Gara 3000 LD ( for Long Duration) are soft, which is the smarter way to begin with freedive fins, and if you develop huge fitness, it would be great to have a stiff pair and a soft pair, depending on the dives you do....and yes, they will last a really long time...you will get your money's worth. I have seen the Gara 3000LD for around $100 on Amazon.com Know that the HD would be a significantly stiffer version, and not ideal for you at this point.

I'd say look for used Dive R's, but most owners would never part with them--being that they are the best there is....Like if you had a Lamborghini Gallardo, and it was possible to hang on to it....don't you think you would ? :)
This is the Gallardo of fins! Seriously---I can use them for highly precise slow motion, macro dives with my wife for 4 hours( till I go functionally insane from the slow speed)....or, I can hang with a foraging pod of Bottlenose dolphins for half an hour ( averaging many times the speed of scuba divers--I have the video to prove it). And anything in between.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom