New to Diving... have an itch to buy some gear... REG and BC.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

peter recommended the
Dive RiteTransPlate Package

-Aluminum back plate...
-not sure if i should go with the 25lb travel EXP or the 35lb voyager exp i'll be doing mostly warm water diving, and some local quarry dives (i'm in maryland)
-QB 16lb pockets
-2" crotch strap with pad
- can't decide on STA or not STA... or just two tank straps.. or both?
oh and size medium i'm 5' 8" 150ish pounds.

also in the market to get some kind of pocket so i can put my gloves mini flashlight or any shells or whatnot i find/see.

i will check out the zeagle ranger as well...

still deciding on the reg situation.....

I recommend that you try out several BCDs and a BP/W if available for borrowing/rental.

There are lots of functions and features that you may or may not require/want on equipment.
A BP/W set up as stated in the above posts would be a nice rig. I use a Zeagle Stilleto and after two years of diving with it the BCD looks and feels like new. I do have the itch however to get a BP/W.

If your LDS doesn't have the BP/W knowledge there are lots of resources here at SB to help you out...the same for BCDs.

For a reg, Hollis has a nice deal going on now. Get the octo free with purchase. I have posted this a few times when the OP has asked for advice. Hollis DC1 221 Regulator With Free 2nd Stage discounts on sale Hollis
A lesser cost reg is available at LP. The Mares Ranger 12 is listed for $114 and that is a pretty good price. Mares Ranger 12 Regulator

Keep in mind that your LDS may be able to offer you the same deals as you see online. I have used ST and LP for gear quite a bit and they have good products and prices.
ST is my local LDS so I always feel like I can get a fair price locally. I hope this is the same for everybody.

Once you get the bug, it is hard to stop. Don't forget to keep diving while you are accumulating your new gear.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom