New To Computers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi Guys

I am new to dive computers and this will be my first one. Im just looking for a little advice on my options.

I want to spend up to £250. I was going to go for a d4i but cant really afford it. So now im looking at either a suunto vyper or oceanic veo 3.0 most likely.

Can any of you guys give me the pro's and cons on those 2 or even advise something else?

Do both do pretty much the same job?

Ive also been reading a bit about suunto being very conservative but im a little confused on just how conservative they are?

Thanks

I've got an Oceanic Pro Plus 2.1 and a Geo 2. They both use the DSAT algorithm but the Geo 2 also has the Pelagic z algorithm (if memory serves) with is more for tech diving I am told. The DSAT was developed (according to Oceanic) with PADI researchers to conform with the PADI tables. The Veo 3 would most likely have the DSAT algorithm on it as default. I can't speak for the Suunto though as I have never used it.

Here's some info for comparison: Dive Computer Professional Reviews - Finding the Best Scuba Computers For You

Also does anyone know about the reliability of the geo/veo vs suunto?

And what warranty do they come with?

I have a Suunto Cobra first version and have had no problems at all in ten years. I love it, but it is quit conservative that's for sure. If I were to buy another entry level computer I think I would go with an Oceanic or the Cobalt IF I were to stay doing just recreational diving. B

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom