New testing requirements for return to USA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Antigen test result can be obtained pretty quickly but not PCR.
I assume US still accept Antigen test result.

Yes antigen tests are accepted (and widely available and cheap). Here are the full rules. I leave for the Red Sea today and have already booked an antigen test in Hurghada for my return flight with results available in 30 minutes.

I do think it’s crazy that most conservatives are against private companies having the right to decide who can and cannot use their service.

But this isn't the case; US airlines didn't decide this, this is coming from the CDC.

Where it really stinks would be for instance a Canadian flying somewhere and connecting through an American airport to a destination outside of the US. (For example Toronto to somewhere in the south Pacific connecting through LAX.)

On the return trip, the traveller would have to get a NAAT or PCR Test no more than 72 hours prior to their first flight (This is a Canadian requirement.) and then a Rapid Antigen test the day before departure to connect through the US.

Well, I posted this in the Cozumel forum as I thought the only change was with Mexico. Wasn't the rest of the world already in the day-before requirement. We got our tests in Roatan the day before last July.
No the rules were 3 day (Vaccinated) or 1 day (unvaccinated) any international flight into the US. Now it's all 1 day.
Many places do not have the wide availability of test sites like Cozumel or other tourist destinations, ran into problems getting out of Aguascalientes last Friday and couldn't get a test in time to make a flight and had to stay overnight till the next afternoon.

The change is a subtle reminder that your vaccine status doesn't significantly effect whether you can be infected with Covid variants, or whether you can transmit Covid variants.

Funny that they don't articulate the reason for the policy shift.
True up to Omicron. Bets all off now. And not so subtle any more. I know two peeps who arrived positive on the Netherlands flight from SA. Both doubly vaxxed with Pfizer. Both had very minor symptoms.

Much bigger problem is that previous infection does not seem to confer any protection against this variant. That's where the fun starts.

Well, I posted this in the Cozumel forum as I thought the only change was with Mexico. Wasn't the rest of the world already in the day-before requirement. We got our tests in Roatan the day before last July.
Not only with Mexico.

check this out:

"...Strengthening global pre-departure testing protocols: Early next week, the United States will tighten pre-departure testing protocols by requiring all inbound international travelers to test within one day of departure globally, regardless of nationality or vaccination status. This tighter testing timeline provides an added degree of public health protection as scientists continue to assess the Omicron variant..."

Geeze...you people are so sensitive in the morning! I guess I should wait till after coffee time before I let my thoughts wander.
LOL. We are not all in your time zone.

Ha! I guess it's one of the problems with short posts and texts as a form of communication. Tone and inflection doesn't always come thru...and I just can't get my witty sense of humor correct. Cheers, guys!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom