New stuff at dutch springs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chris722

New
Reaction score
Thinking of going to Dutch to rinse some salt off of my gear, but it's 3hr ride so I only want to go when they have sunk new attractions, at BTS they said some new stuff was going down early spring, just wondering if they did it yet.

Chris,

They replaced the Cessna back in April. I think that's it as far as any *new* underwater attractions. They built a skywalk thing on land for the kids to play on. I haven't heard of any plans for more underwater attractions this year.

J.

The new Cessna isn't in the water yet, and the Sky Challenge isn't up yet either. There is an Army truck sitting there waiting to be sunk as well. If I understand things, they are sinking the new plane without a rope or marker, and giving clues on how to find it.

Gald to hear about the new stuff going in. I was there this weekend. My buddy and I found some of the bottles from the treasure hunt. The question in the message had to do with the trolly and where is was going. We did not know the answers but the girl in the gift shop said you don't have to know the answer to win the monthly prize. Anyway... we had a great time on Sunday and the water was 56 degrees, I was fine with my 7mm Hyperstretch.

There's a pretty cute chick who's always manning the office when I show up in the evening on Fridays and Saturdays.

Oh, new STUFF, not new STAFF.....

I've gotta test out my new drysuit. If anyone is going up there this coming weekend I'm looking for a buddy, not sure if Sat. or Sun. yet.

RiverRat:
I've gotta test out my new drysuit. If anyone is going up there this coming weekend I'm looking for a buddy, not sure if Sat. or Sun. yet.

FYI - There's a thread going in the Lake Effects Club (sub-forum of Great Lakes Wrecking Crew at the moment) where several board members are planning to get together at Dutch this weekend.

diver_paula:
FYI - There's a thread going in the Lake Effects Club (sub-forum of Great Lakes Wrecking Crew at the moment) where several board members are planning to get together at Dutch this weekend.

Thanks! I just made plans for a local lake dive this Sat. But I'll be looking to get up there the week after.

Just got back from dutch and the plane is going in june 6 it is a little cessna and it will replace the current one which is going to be moved to the cove on the far side, they have no plans for personnel carrier yet. so I guess I just answered my own question, but thanks to all you guys who replied.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom