New shop on Maui? Tech dives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IslandDiversHI

Contributor
Reaction score
I heard a rumor that there was a new shop in Maui that was offering tech dives, possibly with the word "North" in the name. Can some of you Maui guys give me the scoop?

I'm trying to compare the cost of taking the Sea Fox from Oahu to Maui for a tech trip to do the bomber and a few fun dives vs hiring a boat over there and renting all the gear we'd need.

We would be looking for access to He, doubles, and 50% and 100% O2 stages. Can anyone comment on the ability for B&B or another shop to handle this?

Thanks for the help.

Cheers,
Matt

PS Jo, Chris and I dropped right in on the airplane that is in 154fsw outside Hanauma Bay. We got extremely lucky. We saw it within 2 minutes of reaching the bottom. Sorry no pictures. We've been hearing rumors of that plane for years, its true, it's there. Nice big overhanging cave at 160fsw similar to Black Rock on the west side as well a little bit down the ridgeline away, except that this one had about 5 big fat ulua that split as soon as we came around the corner on scooters. Made for a great dive.

I just explored their website. They've got a RIB that dives out of the N. Shore. I guessing that means exposed waters most of the time, but what they are doing out there would proabably appeal to a lot of regulars on this board. If you've "done it all" on Maui, I'd recommend checking these guys out. Anybody with a review?

Super Ferry, take Rubber Ducky. Camp out on Maui dive Bomber. Been planning this for months now...:) Of course this would make things easier ... yay.

Back
Top Bottom