Kauai shore scooter dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IslandDiversHI

Contributor
Reaction score
So one of the new DMs over here is a private pilot (I'm on Oahu). I have 3 scooters. Good ones, with harnesses. If we rent a plane here we have about 2.5 hours on the ground in Kauai. Is there anyone that would be willing to pick up 2 of us (DM pilot and me) and go shore diving with us? I could show you how to use the Black Tip Scooter and fit the harness right before the dive. We'd need to get right back to the plane to fly back (at less that 3000ft) so we couldn't stick around for beers, but it might be kinda fun for all involved.
I'm an infrequent SB user, so ping me at matt@islanddivershawaii.com if you are game.

Now that I think about it we could probably pull this off in Maui and Lanai as well.

Bump on this, if any Kauai local would be preferred, but if you are visiting Kauai and have a rental car, that would work. We wouldn't know the shore diving site that well, but it really wouldn't matter becuase on tech scooters we can cover a hell of a lot of ground on one dive. This would have to be post holiday season, we are all working pretty hard right now.

Back
Top Bottom