New Shearwater firmware for all computers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stuartv

Seeking the Light
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
For all reasonably modern Shearwater computers, that is... No Predator update...

Anyway, I just loaded it on my NERD2 and my Terics. It looks like a really nice update with some major new features.

Highlights include:

- Sidemount mode for AI
- Support for up to 4 AI transmitters
- New "Mini" display widgets for the Perdix/Petrel/NERD computers. You can choose 3 things to display in one box, in one cell of the center row. And you can define 2 of those mini display widgets. So, on the center row now, instead of only seeing 3 things, you could have 7 pieces of data displayed (just in the center row - plus all the same stuff in the top and bottom rows). This is for the Tec modes only.
- You can name your AI transmitters (limited - only 2 characters and limited on what the characters are)
- Option (extra cost) for DCIEM deco algorithm now, in addition to the standard Buhlmann w/Gradient Factors

I am unaware of the DCIEM deco algorithm. any benefits of using it?

I am unaware of the DCIEM deco algorithm. any benefits of using it?

I do not know. The release notes say it is only for Air and Single Gas Nitrox open circuit diving. That suggests to me that it is intended for Recreational diving and is probably (just a GUESS) closer in behavior to the "Buhlmann-based" algorithms used on other, recreational-only, dive computers.

I'm scheduled for a week of single tank, rec diving later in August. I started to say that I would set one of my Terics to DCIEM and compare it to the other one using my normal GF settings. But, then I remembered that DCIEM is an extra cost upgrade. I like doing research and reporting to you all, but I'm not spending money on DCIEM just for that.... :)

Also, the firmware mentions a new transmitter - the Swift.

I'm going to start another thread for that.

Thanks for the heads up. Just got mine back from service today (battery replacement) and am updating the firmware now.

I did the update and it looks amazing. I can’t wait to try it live!

Thanks for the notification.

Sydney is currently in lockdown and so I probably won't be able to test for a few weeks or months, unless I break the rules.

dciem is a canadian algorithm, so it would make sense that shearwater would be one of the few to support it. it differs in that it uses 4 serial compartments from the Kidd Stubbs model rather than 16 parallel compartments in buhlmann.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom