New ScubaBoard member in Boston, MA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello all....I was born and raised in the Boston area. I was just recently open water certified in Marathon, Florida at Captain Hooks Marina and Dive Center which is a great shop. However, I have been a life long snorkler and have always been infatuated with Scuba. I just stumbled upon this site while searching for dive pictures on the web and couldnt be more pleased. I look forward to participating in many of the interesting threads on this great forum....AG

PS I am looking to plan a trip to belize with a few of my friends who are also open water certified, can anyone here recomend any good stay and play packages or give me the name of a good/reliable dive shop to go out with? THX!

Also, any suggestions on where to dive and who to dive with hear in the northeast would be appreciated as I have never been diving in this area and would love to check it out. I do not have a dry suit, thus I will be waiting until late spring/early summer to start my NE exploration. Thanks again!!

Welcome to the board Bobby! There are a lot of great dive sites in the area, notably including excellent shore diving in the Gloucester/Rockport area on Cape Ann, and some really cool wreck dives in Boston Harbor.

Check out the New England Lobstah Divers forum (did I mention diving for lobsters?) for info related to local diving. Since you're from Quincy, I'd be happy to get together with you some time over the winter and talk about some of the sites/charters/shops/etc in the area.

I'll see you out there, but for now I'm going to duck before I get trampled by a throng of "official greeters". :)

Welcome to ScubaBoard. Good to have you with us. This is the place to ask questions,get answers and locate local divers.

Welcome to ScubaBoard, Scuba and New England Diving. Be sure to check out the NELD Forum.

By Memorial Day diving wet in a good 7mm suit starts to become fun again here in Maine. Maybe a bit sooner down in MA. If you wander up to Maine PM me, maybe we can get together. We have over a dozen nice sites between Kittery and Cape Elizabeth.

Pete

Hi and Welcome to Scuba Board,

I dove Belize in January of 2006 at Turneffe Flats (an all inclusive resort). The diving was great, the accommodations as close to a live-aboard dive boat as you can get and be land based. Turneffe Flats is sometimes hard to get into, so if you can't get reservations there try: Ramons on Ambergris Cay or Hamadasi in Hopkins (on the mainland). I have had great dive experiences with both operations. AND if you want a special treat after a week of diving got to Maruba Spa for a few days afterwards... awesome!
Carol
www.thescubalady.com

Welcome to :sblogo:
:wave-smil :wave-smil
:chicken:

Welcome Bobby, Is that a cool fish pond that they have at Capt. Hook's or not? I spend a week every august at the Hawk's Nest in Marathon. I've dove out of Ambergris Cay but it's been awhile. I'm sure you won't have any trouble finding a good outfit to hook up with.

Another Happy New Year & Welcome to ScubaBoard!

Cool, cant help you on the belize thing but offer you a hearty welcome from across the pond!!

Back
Top Bottom