New scuba mask?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zaboAA

Registered
Reaction score
Haven't bought a mask for some time. Got one for my daughter, do you still have to scrub the inside with toothpaste? Or has technology made that unnecessary?

Welcome to the board. Yes you still have to use toothpaste, the non gel type, on masks. I actually do it twice, rinsing each time and then let the third coat dry before you wash it out. It might be overkill but I've never had a fogging problem after I've followed this procedure.

zaboAA:
Haven't bought a mask for some time. Got one for my daughter, do you still have to scrub the inside with toothpaste? Or has technology made that unnecessary?

still the same, i sometimes use shampoo.

My most recent new mask continued to fog after multiple toothpaste scrubbings and a couple of shampoo's. Finally got it right with "sofscrub".

Soft scrub is the sure fire first time defog. My last one I tried all three and the softscrub worked.

crpntr133:
Soft scrub is the sure fire first time defog. My last one I tried all three and the softscrub worked.

What is soft scrub? Sounds like a laundry product.

zaboAA:
What is soft scrub? Sounds like a laundry product.

It's a cream household cleanser that has a very fine abrasive in it. Sort of like a kinder, gentler ajax. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom