New risk level ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I tend to agree with you, centrals, and I almost refused. But then, you are with 8 other divers, the journey was planned by the dive safari operator. Peer pressure........and you go with the flow............:tired:

"Peer pressure" can work the other way ie. if all of you refused to board the van and demand a full refund. The operator might sit up and take notice that not all foreign customers are sucker! So they might arrange a better alternative for their next customers! Whether they will bow to the pressure is another matter. But if no one make any fuss then nothing will ever change.
Many years ago three of us chartered a van in Lombok for a day tour. Two extra persons turned up for the ride and we demanded that the cost of the charter should then be divided by FIVE. And we got the money(difference) back.
I hate being rip off or overcharged but sometimes I got no alternative!!!

Back to "New risk level"
As far as I am concern, PG is pretty safe from terrorist attack. But if one is concerned then there are plenty of alternatives but Bali is never one of them.

Last edited:
Especially when you see some of the vehicles that they are using on the roads there :gas:
And the way they drive them.

Our first trip there our group took 3 vans from Moalboal to Cebu airport. Ours won, racing an ambulance most of the way and jockeying for first the whole way. We did the 3 hour trip in 2 hours.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom