New Rig....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubastud16

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
So after a couple months of planning, the whole rig is set up.

It includes:

Dive Rite Aluminum Backplate
Dive Rite Hog Harness
Dive Rite 1'' Crotch strap with scooter ring
2 Plastic buck cam straps
Oxycheq Mach V Signature Series wing, #30 (stealth lettering)
Dive Rite thigh pocket
Oxycheq SS Line cutter on waistbelt
XS Scuba Weight Pockets for trim weight
5' long hose, soon to be 7'; bungied octo (Manta necklace)

I got my pool the other night to try it out all, and had the girlfriend snap a couple goofy pics of me. I know the console computer isn't exactly Hogarthian, but it's an 800 dollar computer I got for free, and I'm going to use it until I can afford a wrist computer.

Danny

CIMG2016.jpg

CIMG2010.jpg

CIMG2012.jpg

CIMG2013.jpg

Sounds like a great rig. I hope you get a lot of enjoyment out of it.

Thanks! I hope it will be a lot of fun. It should do pretty well for a while until I switch over to doubles, then I just need a new wing :) I hope to add a can light soon enough.

Danny

Well, by the time you switch to doubles, you'll have probably made a number of changes to your rig. But no need to worry about that now. Just go dive a lot and have fun. Maybe I'll see you around the springs sometime.

I'm sure you will! I'll be in Panama City over spring break (mid march), and I'm hoping to hit some of the NW Florida springs while I'm there.

Ok this is honest and constructive criticism about your rig. I believe that if you take my advice you'll be a very happy diver. Here it goes;

Most guys find the 2" crotch strap to be much more comfortable. You don't get the "butt floss" effect with a wider strap.

You're too big for that little 5' hose. Get the 7 footer and you'll really like it.

You're LP inflator hose is too long, DR sells a shorter one, and don't run it through your D-ring, Secure it with a piece of bungee.

Get rid of the console and use a brass and glass spg clipped off on your left hip D-ring. You can move your computer to a very affordable wrist mount or clip it off inside a pocket. Most every diver I know has a computer stashed somewhere, just to be able to record and download the dive profile.

Your rig is looking good. You just have a few minor issues that are easy to fix. You'll love it when it's right.

There are always details we can tweak. You've put together a streamlined and serviceable setup that you should really enjoy diving. Over time, you can work on the details. That's part of the fun of diving, is the gear tweaking :)

MBH;

The 5' is soon to be gone. I have the 7' ordered, and on the way.

I do get a bit of the "butt floss" effect, and I want a butt D-ring for clipping off reels eventually, so I will make the switch over sometime soon.

As far the LP hose goes, it wasn't too bad. I expected it to be too long from the factory. Sitting on my body, it's not too long. It looks ridiculous in the first picture though. I had a piece of cheap bungee on there, and it snapped in the pool (the first pic was taken after I got out of the water).

With the computer......to be honest, I can't afford anything else. Optimally, I'd love to have a wrist mount and a B&G, but I just can't afford it. It's high up on the "to do" list.

Danny

TSandM and MBH;

Thanks for the comments. There are always new toys to buy, new places to dive, new things to try, and specifics to work out. That's diving. I personally just wanted to get the basic set up going, and dive it. Dive, dive, dive, and get used to the thing!

I don't mind constructive criticism...it's how I learn!

Danny

Ninja edit: TSandM, you're right. Streamlined is the name of the game here. No additional weight needed with an AL 80, 3mm suit, 5mm hood, and an AL plate. No danglies, no floaties, no extra crap. It's wonderful!

Double edit: Oh, and I promise, I'm losing the hose protectors tomorrow.

I agree with you

After spending some money into equipment, there's always a point when you must have to use it, enjoy it, dive it, and then with time and experience the improvement comes easy, if you don't mind I would like to make a couple of points, if you're not gonna use the right d ring on your waist, keep it out, as the same of the left side, unless you change your computer for a brass gauge, and it will by far better if you glue your pocket to your wet suit, with only a small glue tube will be perfect.

Dive well !!!! that rigg is gonna improve your dive like nothing else!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom