New rEvo BOV

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use a shrimp and it sits well away from my nose, the lever is also a solid piece of delrin so not sure how it could bend.

I've tested it at 60 odd metres and haven't noticed an issue with WOB and 2 swimming exits post BO were fine, in so far as I stayed on the BOV and didn't feel any need to deploy the apeks on the deep bottle.

I think the 2nd stage is a combination of Apeks and Interspiro Divator so pretty good kit TBH.

The main weakness I know of is the combined diaphragm, the exhaust is in the centre so under extreme breathing it may not keep up with the exhale volume due to its size.

Has anyone got bought a Revo BOV recently?

If so, has it worked well? Not suffered the QA problems reported by @stuartv?

Can someone please confirm the BOV hoses can be easily removed, I.e. unscrewed without tools from the BOV

Haven't seen those anywhere - especially on JJ CCR. if really that good as described it will become more "common".
You won't see a ALVBOV fitted to a JJ-CCR as the gas flow direction is the wrong way. And there simply isn't sufficient enough recreational only BOV market for Open Safety to bother re-tooling the ALVBOVs injection molded body, re-testing, re-certifying and re-auditing to the CE standards both EN250 and EN14143 to offer this.
But it plugs directly onto any professional, military or military heritage unit. Hence working fine on the rEvo as that started using a Drager Ray DSV which was just a lightweight version of the Drager LAR DSV and kept the right to left gas flow.

Having a BOV that can have the flow reversed would mean an automatic fail if audited to either CE standard.
And as Hollis found, when you design it to have the flappers screwed on the wrong way around, it is also lethal.

Can someone please confirm the BOV hoses can be easily removed, I.e. unscrewed without tools from the BOV

Yes, the BOV hoses have nuts that connect them to the BOV (similar to how the other end of each hose has a nut to connect it to the rEvo case), so it breaks down into 2 separate hoses and the BOV body in seconds, with no tools.

Yes, the BOV hoses have nuts that connect them to the BOV (similar to how the other end of each hose has a nut to connect it to the rEvo case), so it breaks down into 2 separate hoses and the BOV body in seconds, with no tools.
Assume that the hoses are handed on the BOV such that you can't reverse it (although you should notice it's upside down)?

Kind of tired of rinsing out my DSV loop and finding there's still water in it after two weeks despite it being hung up by the DSV!

You won't see a ALVBOV fitted to a JJ-CCR as the gas flow direction is the wrong way. And there simply isn't sufficient enough recreational only BOV market for Open Safety to bother re-tooling the ALVBOVs injection molded body, re-testing, re-certifying and re-auditing to the CE standards both EN250 and EN14143 to offer this.
But it plugs directly onto any professional, military or military heritage unit. Hence working fine on the rEvo as that started using a Drager Ray DSV which was just a lightweight version of the Drager LAR DSV and kept the right to left gas flow.

Having a BOV that can have the flow reversed would mean an automatic fail if audited to either CE standard.
And as Hollis found, when you design it to have the flappers screwed on the wrong way around, it is also lethal.
Yet to see one of these ALVBOV’s on anything at all since I started diving CCR in 2013. Is that just me or has anyone ever seen one of these actually being used, ever ?????

Assume that the hoses are handed on the BOV such that you can't reverse it (although you should notice it's upside down)?

Kind of tired of rinsing out my DSV loop and finding there's still water in it after two weeks despite it being hung up by the DSV!

I don’t know. I have never tried to put it together wrongly. 😂

I just installed an ISC BOV on my Meg today. Plumbing to a QC6 off board. Anybody mounting this QC6 to their harness or backplate somehow?
4AD451F6-9BD0-4EF3-9A50-B35D24422EBF.jpeg

I don't have a QC6 I use an omni, but the principle is the same, on my KISS it runs along the left loop hose in o rings, around the back of the head and down past the o2 bottle, then across the base of the counter lung case and through a hip d ring.

It's only zip tied to the case along the bottle mount, this provides slack, from the last tie to the 1st stage that can be pulled forward to connect to the deep bailout and then pulled back along the bottle once the tank is in the bungees.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom