New rEvo BOV

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yet to see one of these ALVBOV’s on anything at all since I started diving CCR in 2013. Is that just me or has anyone ever seen one of these actually being used, ever ?????
There are a few out there as upgrades to certain rebreathers in addition to those on the Apoc's - Homebuild, Boris, Sentinel, LAR, rEvo, Mk15/15.5 types off the top of my head but rarely are Open Safety advised what they are being fitted to. Pics returned showing fitment at Facebook

If you only dive with those with recreational units that have Left to Right gas flow you'll continue to never see one fitted....

One of these days Open Safety will publish the test reports for just how much upgrade with the ALVBOV drops certain units default WOB compared to the stock DSV/BOV or other aftermarket options; but it's low priority.
Just as soon as any other BOV manufacturer, bothers to test their BOV and publish its WOB results for CC and OC modes to the CE standard, quite how significant the difference in performance will be rather obvious.

There are a few out there as upgrades to certain rebreathers in addition to those on the Apoc's - Homebuild, Boris, Sentinel, LAR, Mk15/15.5
Not exactly mainstream. Revo's only on the list as it's right to left.

There are a few out there as upgrades to certain rebreathers in addition to those on the Apoc's - Homebuild, Boris, Sentinel, LAR, rEvo, Mk15/15.5 types off the top of my head but rarely are Open Safety advised what they are being fitted to. Pics returned showing fitment at Facebook

If you only dive with those with recreational units that have Left to Right gas flow you'll continue to never see one fitted....

One of these days Open Safety will publish the test reports for just how much upgrade with the ALVBOV drops certain units default WOB compared to the stock DSV/BOV or other aftermarket options; but it's low priority.
Just as soon as any other BOV manufacturer, bothers to test their BOV and publish its WOB results for CC and OC modes to the CE standard, quite how significant the difference in performance will be rather obvious.
So that’s a no then. And I note a distinct lack of feedback from anyone who has EVER seen an ALVBOV being actually dived, anywhere and on any unit on this major online diving forum to date. This thread could prove to be an interesting longitudinal study on the prevalence of the ALVBOV or complete lack of amongst the global rebreather diving community.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom