new regulaters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Another soylent point to consider.Octo is attached to 1st stage and gets serviced with 2nd stage,how many forget or cheap out and rarely service Mr. integrated unit?Personally don't buddy dive unless over 150' or so or if overhead.So I guess those DIR air rules 1/3 might apply.(don't look at my log,you wouldn't like it)My primary is a pretty shade of pink to insure some stray OOA diver sees it.I always breathe the long hose.

I cannot agree with you more, other than the fact that I dive with a pony on every dive, but I too use two different configurations between technical and non-technical diving. I do keep my octo always at my chin via bungee; my pony slung, and use side exhaust regs even on my recreational set up. I do try to keep all the equipment the same brand and location no matter what set up I am diving.

the ooa victim will take the reg from your mouth. and that we know. So wouldn't it stand to reason that one should have his hand on his alternate air source as much as possible?

I dive with a tusa duo-air. While it does not breath as good as my atomic. This should not be a concern, because when one needs it, one just wants air and one doesn't care how easily it breathes.

Now on a side note I also dive with a pony bottle that has its own first and second stage, which I can hand off once I start to ascend.

Hey MrMrEZG,

Ditto... they tend to grab, and then I grab them! However, with only one ooa diver in my 100 dives, I have learned to be paranoid in watching other's air. One of the drills I go through is how I want them to signal how much air the have... each fing is a 100 psi. When I see them flashing ten fingers, then close them to flash some more, I feel better. 3000 would of course be ten fingers flashed three times... This helps to remind THEM to keep looking, 'cause they know I am gonna ask again and soon!

Pete from Orlando...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom