New Reg Advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nydiver21

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
hi i am trying to decide between two regs the apeks xtx 50 and the hollis lx 200 looking for any input will be appreciated thanks the reg will be used for both cold and warm water diving.

Nothing against the Hollis, but for a long time the Apeks regs have been recommended time and time again. They are solid, robust, great performers, easy to maintain and serviced almost everywhere. I have several sets, some Hollis as well but my Apeks get far more use.

I am still using the same Apeks DS4(rec and tec) that I bought back in 1998.

Being using 3 Apeks DS4 1st stage, with Tx50, Xtx 50, and Apx40 2nd stage for some years now (Atlantic, Cave diving, and the Med) nothing to say against them, except maybe, a bit heavy while travelling.

Thank you for the reply it's going to make my decision easier I think the Hollis is just as heavy the only reason I'm considering the Hollis is bec I have been very happy with all the other products I've purchased from them but couldn't find any reviews on there new regs I think i will go with the xtx50

not even a close call. The Hollis 200 LX is the same price as the Apeks DST/XTX50, neither can be user serviced, and while the 200 is sexy, it's just too expensive when you compare it to other options on the market.

From performance point of view, you will not notice difference. This is true for most reg in modern day. Other than that, no comparison. If cost is similar, I will take Apeks over Hollis any day. Build quality, expendability, 2nd hand market value... This is from my 1st hand experience.

The only way I will get Hollis is if you have deep discount, which happens often.

The Hollis 200 LX is the same price as the Apeks DST/XTX50, neither can be user serviced
From NESS
We are importing Subaquatic direct replacement rebuild kit for regulators. The kits are the same high quality as the original manufacturer versions. Please Note: These are aftermarket kits not OEMSORT BY:
apeks-first-seat__00786.1367867488.190.285.jpg
apeks-first-stage-rebuild-k__44607.1367862886.190.285.jpg
apeks-second-stage-rebuild-__14714.1367862887.190.285.jpg

Featured Items Featured Items Newest Items Bestselling Alphabetical: A to Z Alphabetical: Z to A Avg. Customer Review Price: Low to High Price: High to Low

fine, not with OEM parts, through authorized channels. Also, why pay the premium for apeks when you're going to spend that much on parts kits? Why not save a few hundred bucks and go with regs that perform just as well and the manufacturers at least authorize user service through availability of parts and service kits

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom