Question Apeks DST Valve Body to Handwheel connector Leak. Help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good luck with that. I've been waiting 3 months for a replacement for a guy with a scratched volcano from a previous technician.
Company financials are worrisome.
@divebutt & @rsingler, surprisingly, I've got 2 DST bodies if you guys need new ones. It would more expensive than direct from Apeks but it will get your reg fixed. Send me a DM if interested

I would rub the chrome off the face of the din screw by lapping with wet and dry on a flat surface or something

But for laughs

Good luck with that. I've been waiting 3 months for a replacement for a guy with a scratched volcano from a previous technician.
Really difficult to scratch the valve seat.
Anyway, FSR has no such issue. Just replace the faulty part.
Apeks has a dedicated tool for the valve seat.

As has been pointed out, the threads shouldn't matter. It's a face seal on the reg body and a side seal on the DIN bolt. If the two surfaces are perfect, I don't get it. Even a lack of parallel faces shouldn't leak. Extrude maybe, but not leak.

Maybe try a 70 duro oring (only) in the shop. That might seal to a microscopic imperfection better than a 90. Then again, @davehicks had the opposite result. In any case, you can't release it to the customer that way, but it might point to a cause. Other than that, I have no suggestions.
Are you guys sure it's not your region dealer issue?
I keep hearing about these issues, yet have none here in EU.
Changed turret for a friend, waited 12 days for it.

For those interested....

Tried a 90 hardness o-ring - issue still present. Based on ruling out the parts, the issue id without doubt in the valve body, so will have to get a new one for the customer.

Moral of the story - torque specs matter. Whoever worked on this last definitely didn't follow them. That, or it took a hard bump in a wreck.

For those interested....

Tried a 90 hardness o-ring - issue still present. Based on ruling out the parts, the issue id without doubt in the valve body, so will have to get a new one for the customer.

Moral of the story - torque specs matter. Whoever worked on this last definitely didn't follow them. That, or it took a hard bump in a wreck.
IME, it's usually it's when a tank falls over...

IME, it's usually it's when a tank falls over...
I would agree with that, also, the diver is regularly in wrecks, so a hard hit to a bulkhead or beam is possible.

The note about torque if from a techs perspective - only factor in our control.

IMO, hit that hard is possible only on DPV. If you are stupid enough to DPV through a coridor that small to risk 1st stage hit you should pay the price.

Back
Top Bottom