NEW POSIEDON EXTREME deep REGULATOR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Techniciany

Reaction score
Hi

I've heard great things about the new Posiedon extreme regulator. I have also heard that there was a recall on the nitrox and 100 02 deco regulator.
I tried the extreme deep regulator out this weekened to 180' it breaths smoot and very dry.
I rate it at a 9.

Yes please post a comparaison with the Jetstream
I'm very interested in this new reg...

I have heard good things about them.

but i also heard that they where extremely expensive

any comments, how did it perform in shallow water.

Hello

SECOND STAGE

In comparison, the Xstremes secon stage has a well-proven construction with a number of newley developed characteristics. The inner volume, so called dead space, is small, which enables the build up of carbon dioxide to be minimized. At inhale and exhale the resistance is minimal, the exhalation diaphrams is protected by a cover that can be removed with out tools on site for easy accesss to the diaphram. The servo valve has been shorten this now eliminates any annoying free flow which accured in the first generation Odins. No more positive or negetive settings.

FIRST STAGE

The principal for the worlds most robust valve is built on the ability for the gas mixture to flow at high speed, in as straight a path as possible through the regulator, thus creating the maximum gas delivery. To be able at the same time to achieve absolute air tightness, the new construction principle contains a steel ball as the seal. This is an innovative idea that in one simple solution, eliminates in principle all potential Hp leak problems that exist in conventional valve designs. The exstreme regulator is also self ballancing which gives the same high performance irrespective of the pressure in the cylinder. When the seat is moved upwards by high pressure, the design causes the upper pressure spring to compress and thus exactly self ballance the powers of pressure. There is only one 0-ring in the entire first stage and there is no more intermediate settings, once serviced and reassembled it will automatically go back to its specified ip pressure. Xstreme also has built in anti freeze protection in its construction. TDA (THERMO DYNAMIC ANTIFREEZE) ensures that the through-flowing water keeps the ice away, entirely with out fluids or extra diaphrams.The exsteme has been EU tested to 650 feet un like other regulators which are only tested to 165 feet.

Estimated retail value

$900 Canadian
$600 US

Thanks Tech!!

But where did you copy that from? :)

Have you used them yet? I'm a computer geek who dives...or wait is that a Diver who is a computer geek. I digress....So you know how a person like me is when it comes to latest & greatest scuba.... It's worse that GeForce cards......

Right from the Poseidon brochure of course. Either way I strongly rate the new posiedon regulator as the number one reg on the market at this time for deep technical diving.

Is this reg different than the regular X-Stream that Poseidon has come out with? If so...isn't the first stage annoying as hell in that it only has three ports????

There are 2 version of the deep reg,
1 has 2 lp ports the other has 3(it depends on the din orientation).. If you are using this for a deep reg both are more than adequate..

you only need 1 for each reg on each 1st stage, and 1 for wing inflation.. If you are a user of a redundant bladder (or drysuit of you are not using helium) you could hook a hose on the other lp port (it doesn't have to be connected in the redundant bladder case)

If you are using helium and a drysuit you have a seperate inflation system anyway..

WHy would you need more than 2 lp ports if the layout for the hoses is optimized???

there are also 2 versions of the duration reg again 2 and 3 ports and 1 version of the deco reg.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom