New Point and Shoot!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know if I found one close I could get it to work. How do they mount to the housing?

The problem you would run into is the same one I ran into trying to adapt to my Ikelite housing, Inon makes a plethora of different housing specific adapters but there are very few pictures or specs on them to choose the one that might be best for modifying--lol--and--they make none specific to your housing :(.

Your other direction would be to adapt a step up ring so that you could use the threaded type WA lenses from various manufactures, most less expenisve than the high quality Inon stuff. it does not appear your housing has any threads, I wonder if it might be possible to either cut threads or bond a thread ring to the port to accept a step up ring to 67MM.

N

Got a chance to do a quick dive today with the camera.
DSC01952.jpg

DSC01928.jpg

DSC01940.jpg

DSC01954.jpg

DSC01951.jpg

DSC01945.jpg

Got two dives in this week. I find it is a little harder to relax with the camera on a dive. I think next dive I will keep the camera at home. I need a little break from it. One thing is for sure I feel a lot better using it.

Other then the lens upgrade if this can be done on my housing. Is there a cheaper editing program that can help my pictures that I can use on my MAC? :D

DSC02051.jpg

DSC02056.jpg

DSC02064.jpg

DSC01974.jpg

DSC01977.jpg

DSC01984.jpg

DSC01995.jpg

DSC01996.jpg

DSC02006.jpg

DSC02028.jpg

Update...... Just wanted to add some more information. For this 2009 season I made a few changes that I feel should help. The metal base was replaced with alum one. It was also bent so I could use it as a handle. Holding the camera caused the bolt to get loose all the time. This should help with this issue. I also extended the base form 12in to 16in. This is the max size for my pelcan carry on case. It also let's the flash fold flat to the base which allows the camera to fold up nicely. A clip was added to hold the flash to the base when not in use. This also keeps everything out of the way when dealing with any issues (OOA, free flow, etc comes to mind). The bent handle helps protect the camera when I hook it to my d-ring on the crotch strap. Here are a few shots of the rig. I hope some of you find this useful. One other mod was to put the optical wire in a plastic tube. It seamed to take a bit of abuse over the last year.

UWR2009B.jpg

UWR2009C.jpg

UWR2009D.jpg

UWR2009E.jpg

UWR2009a.jpg

Back
Top Bottom