New plans for a project on the East side of cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looks good. Hopefully they will send the power up to us in the USA if they aren't going to use it.

Not used in coz? I read the article and did not see that. If this is true are they are going to run transmission lines across the ocean? I wouldn't think so, but idk

Karen,

How do you know that the power will not be used in Cozumel? What I read from the article is that the benefit to the island has not yet been calculated/determined - but I don't see where this power generated will be used elsewhere. Is there another source of information for this project other than this article? I'm very interested to know more about it!

Seems like a good idea. It will keep the big bad trump resort away.

Sounds like there's still some environmental impact studies to be completed, but if there's a way to do this without total destruction, it could go a long way for helping lower the ridiculous electric bills I've heard so much about for years. If there's a surplus and it can be used elsewhere, fantastic. There's no shortage of wind on the east side, and why not harness of some of it?

I don't live on the island, but for those who do and don't want the wind farm, are you willing to continue paying increasingly high prices for electricity? If there was a proposed wind farm in my area, I would want to learn all I could about the details and I wouldn't be against it.

Last edited:
Hurricanes will love them! :)

Hope the noise they make doesn't affect turtle habitat.

Sounds like there's still some environmental impact studies to be completed, but if there's a way to do this with total destruction, it could go a long way for helping lower the ridiculous electric bills I've heard so much about for years. If there's a surplus and it can be used elsewhere, fantastic. There's no shortage of wind on the east side, and why not harness of some of it?

I don't live on the island, but for those who do and don't want the wind farm, are you willing to continue paying increasingly high prices for electricity? If there was a proposed wind farm in my area, I would want to learn all I could about the details and I wouldn't be against it.

Can't speak for Mexico or other parts of the the US, but here in Colorado wind power generated electricity is sold at a premium rate. It's much more expensive to produce kilowatts of electricity via wind power than coal. Mexico might be totally different.

... if there's a way to do this with total destruction...
What does that mean?

---------- Post Merged at 05:48 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 05:46 PM ----------

Not used in coz? I read the article and did not see that. If this is true are they are going to run transmission lines across the ocean? I wouldn't think so, but idk
There are undersea electrical transmission lines already running between Cozumel and the mainland.

Can't they burn the fish oil from the Lion fish for power???
03.gif

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom