New photo album. Compares waterfront areas Hotel Barracuda to Punta Sur.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cicopo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm not sure if this will be as useful here as for Tripadvisor members but after having to cut back on my hotel property tour albums at Flickr I finally found a way to show what to expect at most of the hotels, resorts & beach clubs along the west coast starting at Hotel Barracuda & ending at Punta Sur. I can't do anything similar for the north end because I don't stay or visit it except on dive boats.

Album is here. https://flic.kr/s/aHsmCGGVe2

Thank you.

Thanks and some of it was shot with my underwater camera but most is from the different DSLR's I own. If there was a risk of water damage it's done with the underwater rig but I have at times taken a DSLR on dive boats that have a dry area to store it in while bouncing along the water.

Great photo compilation.

Blue Angel pier has had a ladder for exit for as long as I've been diving there, from ten years ago to last year. In your picture of the dock, it's on the back right by the tank dolly. I've always found it easier to enter and exit from the dock.

That’s great. Thanks for sharing. I stayed at Fiesta Americana last week and it looks like a different property now. I understand they did a major renovation about 5 years ago and apparently the waterfront area was part of it.

Jim, next trip won't be until Feb but I'll ask if I can tour Scuba Club. I had been under the impression they weren't very open to that idea.

Reefhound, I'll re check re the ladder & may have a better photo showing it but either way I'll replace the photo with one listing the ladder. I have stayed there but that's several years ago.

Yellowdog I know there were huge changes at FA but having picked up divers more than once since then I didn't notice any real changes re an actual section of beach etc. From memory things that were along the shoreline remained pretty much the same but the beach club area was changed big time. It's still mainly ironshore along the shore isn't it?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom