New Norte Today 28JAN- Thursday 01FEB

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, they are good guys, and one time Gato sort of saved my life. But I am afraid that because of finances they may not be able to provide all the safety you might want. Would I personally dive with them…you bet, but I have many thousands of dives with them before and know how to take care of myself.

DAVE DILLEHAY
Care to explain what they’re lacking?

Care to explain what they’re lacking?
I do not know what they are lacking. I just know from extensive personal experience what it takes to operate a dive service. For instance we never sent just one boat out on the east side…boats do break down all the time!

Dave Dillehay

I do not know what they are lacking. I just know from extensive personal experience what it takes to operate a dive service. For instance we never sent just one boat out on the east side…boats do break down all the time!

Dave Dillehay
Dave, you’ve issued a pretty strong warning against them. (I’m not sure that sending boats to the East side during a Norte has any bearing on their financial inability to provide safe diving to new divers or even divers with some experience).

What is it exactly that divers should be cautious about with their operation?

Its unfortunate that COZ dive ops can't organize a consistent solution to Nortes closing the west side port. Yes, there are some ops who will go east, but capacity is limited at best. And the east side looks like it has some promising shore dives as well as boat accessible sites. The last winter trip we took to COZ we ended up commuting on the Playa ferry and diving PdC and south. The prevalence of Nortes has made COZ too iffy for us in the winter, and that's a shame because we really like all that the island has to offer.

I did not issue a stern warning against them as I like them very much on a personal basis. Indeed i referred to Gato as he once saved my life. I went on to say I personally would dive with them. NUFF SAID!

I did not issue a stern warning against them as I like them very much on a personal basis. Indeed i referred to Gato as he once saved my life. I went on to say I personally would dive with them. NUFF SAID!
“Nuff said”? Really?

You advised the OP not to dive with them because of their financial inability to provide safe service. When asked what you mean, you can’t give a single example of what that might be. So it’s OK for you to dive with them but not for anyone else. Wow. Just wow.

DEAR TRIACNA,

In case you might think I have been blaming them due to a commercial connection with Aldora Divers, get over it! I started Aldora Divers in the Nineties and Sold all interest in 2021. But I remain friends with ALL of them.

Dave Dillehay

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom