New & Need Your Help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi,

I just recently joined Scuba Board and need your help. I am a forest recreation student (who is also a certified scuba diver) at Oregon State University conducting a research project on the persistence of scuba divers after certification. My research group has created a survey, and we would greatly appreciate anyone who would take the time to fill it out.

The survey is located at:
*SURVEY HAS ENDED*

Thank You!

Oregon State Student:
Hi,

I just recently joined Scuba Board and need your help. I am a forest recreation student (who is also a certified scuba diver) at Oregon State University conducting a research project on the persistence of scuba divers after certification. My research group has created a survey, and we would greatly appreciate anyone who would take the time to fill it out.

The survey is located at:
http://www.aj83.com/scuba.html

Thank You!
Might want to add Regulators and Dive Computers to the equipment check boxes. It's a pretty common thing for people to own.

Wow,
Thanks, to everyone who has filled at the survey so far, keep them coming!
Adding Regulators and Dive Computers to the equipment list is a good idea, but unfortunately I can't change the survey once people have started filling it out, so just add it to the "other" category, if you own them.
And to answer the question about the "e-mail number" that is only relevant to people who accessed the survey through an e-mail.

Thanks again!

I commented on the survey form, that it will be rather biased, as you do not include the people who have stopped diving for whatever reason; which is what you wanted to address.

In response to some of the comments made about our survey,

The research we are doing is for an undergraduate course entitled recreation research methods. So as you might assume, this is the first experience we have had doing research on this scale. It is basically a learning experience for us, and that is why are survey is rather narrow and is not perfect. Our results will only be used for our class and are not being published.

Any suggestions you might have will be taken into consideration. I am sorry if any of the questions come off as bias or offensive, you are not required to answer them. But again if you let us know what you think we will be able to consider this when we analysis the data.

And again,
thanks for all your help.

Done, but I wont tell my age. Started diving 1969

Oregon State Student:
In response to some of the comments made about our survey,

The research we are doing is for an undergraduate course entitled recreation research methods. So as you might assume, this is the first experience we have had doing research on this scale. It is basically a learning experience for us, and that is why are survey is rather narrow and is not perfect. Are results will only be used for our class and are not being published.

Any suggestions you might have will be taken into consideration. I am sorry if any of the questions come off as bias or offensive, you are not required to answer them. But again if you let us know what you think we will be able to consider this when we analysis the data.

And again,
thanks for all your help.
Hiya OSS, I took the same class at the Univ. of IL when I was an undergrad (pre-computer generation). Nice survey! I took it and think your data will be interesting to review, it should help your group learn a lot.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom