New name for "DIR"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just out of curiousity, how many DIR and Anti DIR folks have actually taken a GUE class of any kind?

Maybe we should start a poll... Think I will put it in General SCUBA, since DIR isn't just about Tek diving.

DIR Poll

Since I have taken a GUE class I can comment here

The
Absolute
Optimum

omar:mean:

When I first starting getting interested in my currently configuration, it was still called hogarthian. I think it was about 1996 or so that DIR started. I don't care what it's called as long as it works as advertised. Which it does.

I don't think most people have a problem with the name at all, but rather the approach of some vocal proponents. Let's face, it was an elitist group who coined it all (WKPP), and it's an elitist group that currently sells it (GUE). You can pick any sport and the elite of that sport will generally have an arrogance. The scuba industry isn't unique in this regard. The bottom line... it's the message that matters not the messengers tone.

Ask yourself why they are the elite and if what they do can be incorporated into your diving. If it works for them and their extreme dives, will it work for your weenie dives? My answer was yes, and my level of enjoyment underwater sky rocketed. IMO, arguing over a name is rediculas, particularly when the merits speak for themselves.

It all comes down to whom you wish to learn from... those that do or those that don't.

Mike

Lost Yooper once bubbled...
IMO, arguing over a name is rediculas
So we can count you in on the switch to "DIK" right?
Rick

You can call me a stroke and you can be DIR:

Doing
It
Rick's Way

ok?

If one can get the entire industry to call it DIK, then have it :wink:. How about someone ask George and JJ if they would be so kind as to change it, so nobody's feelings get hurt any longer ;-0. Please post their reponse so we can all get a good laugh in :D.

Yoose guyz crack me up!

Mike

What do we call everyone else since they hate "stroke". They need an acronym too...

How about POS?

Preference
Over
Standardization

O-ring once bubbled...
What do we call everyone else since they hate "stroke". They need an acronym too...

How about POS?

Preference
Over
Standardization

LOL! Now that is the funniest thing I have read in a long time!!!!

Lost Yooper once bubbled...
If one can get the entire industry to call it DIK, then have it :wink:. How about someone ask George and JJ if they would be so kind as to change it, so nobody's feelings get hurt any longer ;-0. Please post their reponse so we can all get a good laugh in :D.

Yoose guyz crack me up!

Mike
You mean you think it's important to them? I think it is too. To you, too. But it shouldn't be important to anyone else, right? Yes... yes, I'm beginning to see...
Are you?
Rick

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom