New Members - How did you find ScubaBoard?

How did you find SB?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

looking for a place to sell somee underwater photographs from grand cayman the eagle rays are flying on the north wall used google

I found it through yahoo search engine. Useful site, members here are very helpful especially for me as a new diver and i get to meet one of SB member (dive instructor) who send a message using this site.

I found the site using google but a dive buddy first put the idea in my head.

I think I was searching for "solo diving".

I was searching for information on the history of Mecco's barge, and trying to confirm the exact LAT/LON.

I've made two dives there in the last couple years, and it is truely an amazing dive. I've got 400 logged dives before I stopped keeping track, and despite all that experience, I had never seen the goliath grouper. In fact, when I saw pictures in dive magazines, I assumed the photos were fakes.

I'm a believer now...

This may be as much a biography as an answer...
I got my certification in 1996 with a buddy of mine and we dove quite a bit locally for years. He moved off right after I got married and my dive gear began to gather dust. Next, two kids and more dust.
I went to my LDS earlier this year and took a refresher course. The instructor has been very cool about me sitting on the bottom observing his classes when he does open water certifications so I have been getting to breathe some air, but it is fairly inactive work.

Now, to an answer.
In all of this, I haven't received one decent contact who could serve as a dive buddy. Even new students aren't interested right now in anything other that the Carribean trips they had planned when they signed up for classes.
I called the only other LDS in my area and asked if there was a local club that they were aware of (there isn't) and they sent me here.
Since they were helpful, I'll plug their name in - Texas Diver's Den in Nederland, TX.

P.S. I am still looking for someone to dive with :D

Learned about this site from Rick Inman, a superb advocate for diving in the North West both local and the coast. We have the pleasure of after work dives during the week, makes Friday come alot quicker. Rick reccomenede this site as well the DAN insurance, good advice on both counts.

Tech Admin:
ScubaBoard is always looking to make things better and that means better understanding of who our users are. Please answer this poll telling us how you found our site, and if you have a minute to spare, please make a quick post with any more information you have such as the particular site you used, the user who referred you or the search phrase.

This is of course a completely optional poll and is being used to get a vague estimate of where our active posters come from.
I am very much interested in underwater photography..Thank-You kahunaone52

Back
Top Bottom