New Member from WV

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cfw218

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi! I'm from southern WV and would like to talk to other divers in the state. I'm new to diving with only 13 dives under my weightbelt, but I'm very enthusiastic and want to dive whenever I get the chance. I'll be doing my Advanced Open Water this summer. Hope to talk to some members in the WV area.

Welcome to the board! Have you been to Mt. Storm yet? I've always wanted to check it out, especially when it's getting cold everywhere else but it still tolerable there.

Check out this forum ScubaBoard - Mid-Atlantic Bottom Feeders

No, but the Dive Master that did my certification dives lives close to it and talks about it often. He went diving there in November when the water temp at Summersville Lake was dipping into the low 60's (too cold for my 3 mil). I'm hoping next fall I can add that to my "have dived there" list.

Nice, well if your in this area you should get a 7 mil asap. I would say get a dry suit asap (thats on the the top of my wish list) but they are very very expensive =~(

Welcome to the board!
Chuck and I are in SW Virginia - not too far from West Virginia. We've done some diving in Mt. Storm. It's not my favorite, but it IS warm! I see that you've been to Lake Rawlings. We are there about once a month in the warmer weather. Maybe we can catch you there some time.

Meg :)

Sorry I haven't responded sooner. I got busy with Christmas. Thanks for all the welcomes. Maybe I can dive with some of you at Mt. Storm or Lake Rawlings this summer. It would be great to meet some of you in person.

Hope you had a very peaceful and happy holiday.

Back
Top Bottom