New mask recommendation: wide vision + soft skirt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

opalobsidian

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello again mask fiends!

You have convinced me the old purge mask must go out to pasture. Besides, it's an opportunity to go shopping!

Now, may I have some suggestions as to a fantatic new replacement? I looked through two pages of scubatoy masks- of course they all look great online. What I'd like is a mask with a huge field of vision and a nice soft skirt. I don't mind looking like an insect superhero.

I have an average sized female face.

Which would you choose?

Thanks so much!:D
Pamela

I have a Mares X-Vision that has a great field of view and now they have a mask called Liquidskin that might interest you. You may need a mid size though which I believe is available in this mask as they tend to run wide.

There is a Mares rep here on the board maybe he can help I'll try to find his link.

Atomic Frameless mid-size. Great fit. The regular fit was a bit leaky so I went with the mid size. Great field of vision, clear lenses and a nice soft skirt.

I have a Mares X-Vision that has a great field of view and now they have a mask called Liquidskin that might interest you. You may need a mid size though which I believe is available in this mask as they tend to run wide.

There is a Mares rep here on the board maybe he can help I'll try to find his link.

I've got the liquid skin and love it, the skirt is so soft it even seals over my hood!

Another vote for the Mares mask, I have the X-vision, I use the Demon as my backup. I almost bought a liquid skin X-vision, but I didn't think it fit as well as the regular X-vision that I had so I didn't buy it.

My reviews. X-vision- great field of view and the lowest volume mask I have ever used. The Demon, slightly higher volume, but even better field of view.

My lovely bride has gone through 5 masks so far. All seem to leak for her. We are going to give #6 a try (Mares Liquid Skin mid-size) next weekend.

Get the one that fits well and does not leak.

Hard to buy online but I have hard to fit face and have had pretty good luck with Atomic Subframe because they have sublimely soft silicone. I did not fit Mares X-vision that I wanted first. Atomic has great field of vision, very low volume and collapses flat when it moves to be the back-up mask too.

Atomic Frameless mid-size. Great fit. The regular fit was a bit leaky so I went with the mid size. Great field of vision, clear lenses and a nice soft skirt.

I second the Atomic Aquatics Frameless mid-size ultra clear lens mask. Mine has the clear skirt, and is absolutely the best mask I have ever owned in 14 years of diving. Has one of the highest field of view ratings on the market. It is lightweight, low volume, streamlined, easy to clear, and easy to pack.

I am very picky, and went through many before I found the Atomic. Wow! Do I ever love this one! Worth every penny of the price if it lasts for years.

I really like the Sherwood Titan. It has a wide field of view and a soft skirt. The down side is that it is a wide mask and might not fit a lady size face.

Back
Top Bottom