New Mac OS X Dive App

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oops, forgot to update this thread.. 1.3.2 is up.. nothing too exciting, a couple of bug fixes and some performance improvements.

Anyone using a stinger with MacDive ?

1.3.3 is up - full changelog:

Enhanced serial port detection code.
Made Repetitive Dive Number editable.
Filtering now works on dive type.
User dive types now recorded for the combo box.
Dive types now does auto-completion.
Added some random new statistics.
Change SDM import to use PRESSURE rather than CYLPRESS, which is more consistent with the Vytec DS.
Added new default gear types.
Added new gear attributes - serial number, last service.
Serial number is now used for dive computer comparison/automatic creation.
Data model upgraded.
When manually creating a new dive, the date now defaults to the current date rather than Jan 1 2008.
Added fullscreen slideshow.
Fixed bug where UDCF files exported by certain programs would not import correctly.
Fixed UI to clear pressure/min graph correctly when multiple dives selected.
Fixed bug where you couldn't remove the max depth column from the table.

As usual, it should auto update..

I've been looking for a good logging program for my new Mac (recent switcher). I downloaded the JTrak program from Uwatec but I don't have an Uwatec computer.

I know there is a hack for the PC to allow you to download from the Gekko (my current computer), but is this available for the Mac as well? I don't have Windows on my machine yet... trying to just stick with OS X for everything.

The only reason it doesn't work on Windows (and by "on Windows", I mean specifically Suunto Dive Manager) is because they purposely disallow it. It's actually identical in terms of memory/connection to the mosquito/vyper etc - SDM just refuses to transfer from it. I guess it's a point of difference from a sales perspective.

All the hack does is change the internal model number to that of the Vyper (or one of the other models, I forget which), so SDM says ok, I'll read this.

Obviously, MacDive doesn't restrict this. So you don't need a hack. Just plug it in and transfer. In fact, it's better NOT to hack it, if you can avoid using SDM - because if you do, the model number will show up as a Vyper (or whatever) rather than a Gekko in other programs.

The only reason it doesn't work on Windows (and by "on Windows", I mean specifically Suunto Dive Manager) is because they purposely disallow it. It's actually identical in terms of memory/connection to the mosquito/vyper etc - SDM just refuses to transfer from it. I guess it's a point of difference from a sales perspective.

All the hack does is change the internal model number to that of the Vyper (or one of the other models, I forget which), so SDM says ok, I'll read this.

Obviously, MacDive doesn't restrict this. So you don't need a hack. Just plug it in and transfer. In fact, it's better NOT to hack it, if you can avoid using SDM - because if you do, the model number will show up as a Vyper (or whatever) rather than a Gekko in other programs.

Hey, that's great! I guess that means I'll go looking for a good transfer cable. Thanks for the tip!

are you possibly going to be working on the Nitek Duo? I know that the Suunto computers are your main priority. I was just curious.

And by the way, thank you for all the effort you have put into something like this. :D

:zen:

are you possibly going to be working on the Nitek Duo? I know that the Suunto computers are your main priority. I was just curious.

And by the way, thank you for all the effort you have put into something like this. :D

:zen:

Maybe.. I don't know. Yes, suunto was the priority (basically, because I own a suunto and I own a mac..) so yeah. I have a couple of other features I need to add, and some stuff I'd like to tidy up/rearrange.. but once everything is settled, yeah, maybe.

You never know.. and, of course, the more interest there is, I guess the more likely it is.

t0w, thanks so much for doing this! Unfortunately, I'm still using 10.4 but will look forward to not having to use SDM on Parallels once I upgrade to 10.5!

Hi all,
I cannot get the MacDive version 1.3.3. to work with my D6
In system profiler I can see the connection under USB Bus:
Suunto Sports Instrument:

Version: 4.00
Bus Power (mA): 500
Speed: Up to 12 Mb/sec
Manufacturer: Suunto
Product ID: 0xf680
Serial Number: ST000001
Vendor ID: 0x0403

And in MacDive the Preferences - Advanced says "Suunto Sports Intrument" but when I try to download data File - Import - Suunto D4/D6/D9 I get "Error Contacting Dive Computer".

Can anyone help me? What to do?

AJ

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom