New Louisiana diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rig Magician, I am from Houma also. Do you still live there? I live in N.O. now. I have several guys I dive with maybe we could hook up sometime.

Dupre,
Yes i still live here in Houma. It would be good to hook up with some locals. thanks and later.
Mark Carrere

Rig magician, I live in Belle Chasse if you need someone to dive with. Just let me know what your schedule is- mine is 14/14(supposed to be offshore right now and come home next tuesday).

I work overseas 28-28. it is finaley good to have a couple of locals reply to this message. i leave next week just in time to clean up after this storm and head out.

Eh... the storm.

Damned thing is cancelling my diving activity all week. I hope you guys don't get too much water. Looks like we'll be taking a direct hit :p

Matt,
I hope you are getting ready for this thing. maybe when i get back in late Oct the water will be cleared up enough to make another dive. i would like to go get wet again. well take it east and be safe.

OK, i am getting ready to get of this D@MN thing again, and ready to go do some diving. so keep me in mind if you have some openings.
Mark

Care to drive a bit further? We're heading to Destin saturday morning to dive the jeddies. I'll be checking in on Gulf Shores Sunday, possibly diving it, but its not a sure thing... Last weekend it was still quite mucked, but its improving.

We made it through Ivan just fine, lost some trees. How'd you guys fair through TS Matthew? I know lots of Houma likes to go underwater pretty easily. I was in the NO/Metairie/BelleChase area last week and they all seem to have done well and if there was any flooding it had already subsided.

Wife said there was a little flooding on some of the streets. but nothing where i live. if it floods at my house half of Houma will be under water. I get in friday, so that weekend will be out. still be recouping from 2 days of flying. the next wekend i have a camping trip with my son for boy scouts. but the week day and the following week end are open for now.

I'm in Destin the 23rd, possibly Gulf Shores on the 24th. The 29, 30, and 31st, I'll be heading towards the Gainsville/Ocala area for the FL Conch Divers Megadive party and I'll be hitting up as many springs as possible.

Dunno what I'm doing the 1st weekend of November(6/7). Ideas?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom